Skip to main content

Busy Weekend

I saw this sign at one of the fun stores Cheri took us too.  It is the words I need right now in my life.  Good reminders and words that bring life.  
Here's a quick picture post of the most fun fun weekend I've had in such a very long time!  I know I'm being over dramatic again but oh it was so refreshing!  So a quick run down.  Friday was finishing our week of school, laundry, grocery shopping and baking bread.  I finished up at 10:30 pm.  On Saturday morning Jeanie and I left at 7 am for Kansas to see Cheri at Hesston.  Francis and Anne and Jenny and Gwen went with us.  Sunday was Zerrick's baptism.  And Sunday evening we had a house full of good friends here.  Gene's had gone mushroom picking and brought them over to share the experience with us.  So last night was midnight till everyone left.  Today is slow and running behind.  But we'll recuperate and get this week going sometime today.  
Cheri took us on a walk to the Arboretum right next to the campus. A lovely little corner that speaks to my soul! 
Our walk.  So many good conversations filled this day and my soul.  
I'm sure I'm prejudiced but these three bless me.  Honest quality conversation.  Life giving words.  And they don't care about the twelve year difference and maybe they giggle at me behind my back but they love and care especially well.  They've been such a strength to me in the last 6 months especially as I've gone through some of the hardest fires of my life.  
You would think I never bake bread anymore.  It was super intriguing I guess.  It did turn out especially good this time. 
He was quite happy with this art project....
Cheri took us to all her favorite spots.  This store was just one of the neatest places.  
Zerrick's baptism class.  I'm getting such a kick out of the gawky stage.  Z and D are such big buddies.  It made us so happy to see them get to do this class together. And it makes us so happy to see Z grow into this time of life and how he processes life and how he's growing his heart and soul and intellect.  

Comments

Arla said…
Ya, good stuff here. I enjoyed this posting.
Wanda said…
Aren't nieces the best?!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....