Something I heard yesterday in the Sunday sermon.... Something about being zealous in our relationship with God. And I had a picture in my mind of all the hopeful young people around us just on the rim of the deep canyons of life. And how they are anxious to learn and experience and so hopeful. And so zealous. And I love that desire in them. And I think that the best thing ever we can give to our youth is our support. I've been in a good spot in my relationship with God and right at critical times I've been cut down by an unintentional comment or action. And because I have a sure foundation I've been able to get back up and find joy again. But those young ones......let's care for them and encourage them and let them know they are doing a good job. Let's give them room to grow and a safe good place to come to when the experiences are heavy and hard. Be intentional in our comments and actions. Never unintentionally cut them. Let's do this!
Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.
Comments