1 In looking thro' my tears one day,
I found Mount Calvary,
Beneath the cross there flowed a stream
Of grace, enough for me.
I found Mount Calvary,
Beneath the cross there flowed a stream
Of grace, enough for me.
Chorus:
Grace is flowing from Calvary,
Grace as fathomless as the sea,
Grace for time and eternity,
Grace enough for me.
Grace is flowing from Calvary,
Grace as fathomless as the sea,
Grace for time and eternity,
Grace enough for me.
2 While standing there, my trembling heart,
Once full of agony,
Could scarce believe the sight I saw
Of grace, enough for me. [Chorus]
Once full of agony,
Could scarce believe the sight I saw
Of grace, enough for me. [Chorus]
3 When I beheld my ev'ry sin
Nailed to the cruel tree,
I felt a flood go thro' my soul
Of grace, enough for me. [Chorus]
Nailed to the cruel tree,
I felt a flood go thro' my soul
Of grace, enough for me. [Chorus]
4 When I am safe within the veil,
My portion there will be,
To sing thro' all the years to come
Of grace, enough for me. [Chorus]
Source: Tabernacle Hymns Number Four: a choice collection of hymns and songs for every religious use #211
My portion there will be,
To sing thro' all the years to come
Of grace, enough for me. [Chorus]
Source: Tabernacle Hymns Number Four: a choice collection of hymns and songs for every religious use #211
Author: E. O. Excell
I was just talking to my mom on the phone and a month ago a similar conversation with Dad and those conversations made me think of this song. I'm so blessed to have parents that knows these things. After rearing nine kids and doing life together for over 53 years I should think they know all this stuff by heart.
And knowing these things have made them age joyfully and well. THIS is how I want to grow be when I grow up!
It's wonderfully freeing to realize Jesus is enough. Especially for all of us busy moms who scramble daily to be enough. Sometimes we feel so overwhelmed and like we're never going to be good enough. But Grace enough for me. Sure. There are times God whispers to my soul about changes and asks hard things of me. But He draws me with love and shows me how to do it. So today whatever you're doing.....God has already done the work. You are already enough because Jesus makes you that way. Accept it and bask in it. It's a safe quiet and joyful place to be and to age in.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments