Skip to main content

More Catch up.





I get so tired of screen time.  But I get so thrilled to see all four of my kids centered around something.  They are still friends. Even with the age difference.  This makes me happy! 


Keagan somehow knows that there are magnets in microwaves.  So we had a microwave to throw away.  He delved into it's inner being and finally got the piece off that had these beautiful magnets in it.  But then he was stuck.  So his dad helped him cut them out.  Oh what joy magnets hold if you're a Keagan! 

A beautiful morning last week.  That man of mine had the coffee all ready for me on the deck.
Now all you lovely readers I have a question for you.  In moments like these in your marriage.  Do you as a couple enjoy the magic of the moment...beautiful moment and beautiful morning.....or do you discuss the heavy day to day things?
Suggestion:  Take the moment like it is and let go of the heaviness.  He's got enough fix it stuff going on in his life maybe?  And why mar it with intense stuff?   !  Goal for me:  Make my words heal and be a blessing.  In such a learning curve here!!!! 

We got to spend a whole day with these dear people last week!  What a refreshing good good time!  


Kate and Jeanie are only two weeks apart.  It took them all day to thaw out and start to giggle together but they did!  It was extremely special to me to watch this.  Cousins by heart for sure.



And that's a wrap!   Our summer has been busy but full of beautiful opportunities.  And now school starts next week already!  So that  means harvesting of my garden and schooling my kids and finishing of summer projects all will get squeezed together.  It will be crazy as ever.

I've been focusing a lot this summer on making whatever we're doing an adventure and not a busy thing that overwhelms.  So at the end of the day I look at what I DID get done rather than what didn't get done.  I counted in the items of relationship as things I did get done,  So if I happened to sit on the swing with Jeanie for a while in the afternoon that counted.   So I'm sad to see summer vacation end.

But on the other hand, our summer is tired.  We're ready for schedule and goals again.  Every person when they don't have purpose starts to get itchy in their spirits.  My kids want a well to dig.  Rest is good and we've had a nice one.  Now it's time to dig again.

And.....to all you moms out there reading here(I know you're reading because you told me)  Be encouraged today.  Being wife and mom and teacher can be overwhelming.  Don't be overwhelmed.  God's spirit is faithful.  Don't put any extra requirements into your day that God hasn't even given you.  Stop. Breath.  Be grateful.  My favorite verse right now, is Be Still.  And Know.  That I Am God.   If I really believe God is sovereign then I also believe that he's got this thing called life.  He created us for His glory and He is faithful and strong and able to get the glory out of this thing called life!  Rest and be assured.  Our God can.  His spirit in your life gives you clear paths and direction and desires.  Seek and Rest.  And that's what I'm learning.  Everything else is just noise.  God bless. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....