Skip to main content

Summer Catch Up on the blog

My favorite deck flower.

Mothers Day gift.  It's being used often....this little quiet spot of mine!  

We had a lovely Sunday Evening with Johnny and Nellie and Arla.  In June? I think....

And this little guy.  Micheal Dean.  He's a comfort to hug.  

I bought a few Southwestern books this summer.  A sweet girl from Estonia stopped by and sold them to me.  I am just banking on answers to all my school problems now!  Hehe!  

We've been enjoying a family campfire now and then this summer.  Mathias' photography skills are something else...but not bad for six.

Sometime in this busy summer I decided we needed to play a little.  So we spent the day at Pawnee.

It was WONDERFUL!


At the end of the day we visited the ice cream shop.  Exhausted but happy!  

Later on that evening we took a drive with Matt to look at a repair job.  Soaked in the time together and  the sunset and some rail road pics.

Ya.  We're forty. 

And this kid turned 14!  and He wanted a big ole chocolate cake for his birthday!  It was quite tall!

Flowers smiling at me everywhere on my little 7 acres.  This makes me happy! 

Home made clay project.  These boys make so many weird projects through out summer.  Think sticky floors and messes everywhere.  This summer has included salt crystals, home made clay.  batteries and wires hooked to other pulled apart toys to make a propeller fan. And beepers made from same.  And they had fun with dry ice bombs on our camping trip.  The next thing on our agenda of learning is this total solar eclipse!  This is one science activity that my dear Keagan is going to have to prepare for.  He knows all about it and is anxiously looking forward to it.  But I told him he has to make a display and give a speech to the littles at our homeschool party so that they understand what it is and how it works.  Hopefully this will hold his attention for the next two weeks. 

We got kayaks this summer!  They have been So much fun for us! 



After a day of fishing he swings here with his gun.  The other day I was working in the garden and I heard some cardinals talking.  One was him and the other was real.  

While Z swings these guys clean our fish.




She was my little ice cream buddy on this night. 

I mucked out Jeanies room and painted it this summer.  My one accomplishment that pleases me alot! 


After.  The colors scared me but I pushed on.....


I don't know what she got into but it made her happy! 

Waiting for the dad to get home.

Very happy with the result.  Simple and basic but I love it.

Mini golfing.   Matt won but Z and I weren't far behind at all.  One day we'll beat him! 


At the DMV office.  He's got 10 hours in of driving already.  Slow down baby! 

Summer.  Oh how sweet it is! 

Comments

Aunt Rachel said…
my favorite? the day at the lake. love that tired but relaxed feeling of a day in the sun..and the way the kids sleep like a log that night.Aunt Rhoda and I used to take Alice's kids camping/ swimming each summer. We camped loosely, ate cereal for bkf, sandwiches for lunch and cooked in the evening. Swam all day or read a book. And slept great. We had a tent & cots. And a public bath house/restrooms/hot showers.
Jenn said…
I can tell you lived full steam ahead this summer, and these pictures don't nearly capture it all! You amaze me at what you get done in a short amount of time, whew! Love Jeanie's bedroom. And that sweet little kitchen! Karis would love to help her cook!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....