What's with this weirdness of being 40 and my eldest leaving the nest and being gone for more than one night and spending most of his days away either at school or work? We don't fit in any group anymore. Our other three kids are little and all the same stage. When one has kids this age they hang out with other parents with kids this age. But the other parents with kids this age don't have kids Z's age. I'm so confused! Who am I anyhow? No wait. Who is this kid?! WHOSE is this kid? 
We're thrilled with his wings and opportunities. It's just a weird feeling that's all. And we wouldn't have it any other way. There are parents who wish their kids could do and have these opportunities. So I'm thankful. This weekend he's off to the youth camp out. That's two nights and three days. I expect he's having a grand time. Can't wait till he gets home and tells us every detail. He will too. All the fish he caught and all the foot ball games with his buddies and the food. Those are his important things!
Comments