...... Has become a long hard month. I'm already ready to be done with it. When one squeezes in the normal things like school and household and church life and funerals far away and an Ark Encounter Field trip and deep cleaning certain corners all in one month, one feels a little bit like January is all done now. Oh and a wee blizzard that didn't amount to much but it did make so my man has been gone for over 24 hrs with no sleep.
But some of the highlights of this month:
New years day was packed full of family and friends here at our house. The kids skated on the pond and we all drank coffee and ate scrumptious food and the little little visitors pulled out the wooden Thomas Train set out and it was spread over the entire living room. The big people played games at the table till way late.
The pond froze over beautifully during Christmas vacation so the boys had all the guys over for hockey several times. There were about 12 of them ages 10 -16 and they played hard and long and they play good! I'm pretty impressed with their skill and I'm beyond thankful for these friendships they have with this group of kids.
We were able to get quite a bit of good school work done in the first two weeks of school as well. Z's last quarter averages came up even more under the tutelage of Mr. Gingerich and we feel so thankful for that.
We took a fast trip to Maryland for Matt's uncles funeral. While there, it snowed and the kids got to play in it and hang out with second cousins. It was not a fun reason for a trip but it was a good trip in the chances to see the relatives and snitches of meaningful conversations and catching up.
On the way home we stopped at Ark Encounter. And spent four hours trying to make it worth the 200$. It was kinda not worth that but interesting none the less. I'd really be all about seeing it in the summer when all the exhibits were open. The Salvation story was beautifully explained and the logic in believing in a practical good God was evident.
I've been working on corners. Throwing and cleaning. Feels pretty good.
I've been also working on saying no to so much clamor in my life. Being intentional in what I need to do for my household and my health. It's so good to feed my own brain and just quit trying to be everything for all people. Actually, I do realize that I really am not all things for all people. I just have an ingrained thing in me that thinks I should help or seek out everyone and I do care deeply about people. But I am trying to listen closer to the Spirit and only expand my emotional energy to where I should. Hehe....of course that's a whole get up and fall process all the time. And working on my health! That's an interesting joke on me as well but Don't give up I tell myself. When I come back to this in a year I'll be happier to know I tried at least right? Right????
Read the verse this morning, Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.
Matt 7:7 AMP
Interesting concept this. But this applies in Spritual, Mental, Physical, Marriage, and Parenting. In so many places. So never give up. What do you want to find and what are you asking for in each area ? What doors ? I know for sure that the good things I'm reaching for God always has been faithful to bring about. But always in His own way and not like I think it should be. But always for a good I didn't know about. It's a pretty giddy feeling to look back and see His promises working and know looking forward that He's up there ahead of it all in full control of it all. Thank you God!
The pond froze over beautifully during Christmas vacation so the boys had all the guys over for hockey several times. There were about 12 of them ages 10 -16 and they played hard and long and they play good! I'm pretty impressed with their skill and I'm beyond thankful for these friendships they have with this group of kids.
We were able to get quite a bit of good school work done in the first two weeks of school as well. Z's last quarter averages came up even more under the tutelage of Mr. Gingerich and we feel so thankful for that.
We took a fast trip to Maryland for Matt's uncles funeral. While there, it snowed and the kids got to play in it and hang out with second cousins. It was not a fun reason for a trip but it was a good trip in the chances to see the relatives and snitches of meaningful conversations and catching up.
On the way home we stopped at Ark Encounter. And spent four hours trying to make it worth the 200$. It was kinda not worth that but interesting none the less. I'd really be all about seeing it in the summer when all the exhibits were open. The Salvation story was beautifully explained and the logic in believing in a practical good God was evident.
I've been working on corners. Throwing and cleaning. Feels pretty good.
I've been also working on saying no to so much clamor in my life. Being intentional in what I need to do for my household and my health. It's so good to feed my own brain and just quit trying to be everything for all people. Actually, I do realize that I really am not all things for all people. I just have an ingrained thing in me that thinks I should help or seek out everyone and I do care deeply about people. But I am trying to listen closer to the Spirit and only expand my emotional energy to where I should. Hehe....of course that's a whole get up and fall process all the time. And working on my health! That's an interesting joke on me as well but Don't give up I tell myself. When I come back to this in a year I'll be happier to know I tried at least right? Right????
Read the verse this morning, Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.
Matt 7:7 AMP
Interesting concept this. But this applies in Spritual, Mental, Physical, Marriage, and Parenting. In so many places. So never give up. What do you want to find and what are you asking for in each area ? What doors ? I know for sure that the good things I'm reaching for God always has been faithful to bring about. But always in His own way and not like I think it should be. But always for a good I didn't know about. It's a pretty giddy feeling to look back and see His promises working and know looking forward that He's up there ahead of it all in full control of it all. Thank you God!
Comments