Skip to main content

A Ramble

It's been snowing a real snow since noon.  It's not behaving too bad either!  Nebraska snow has a wild crazy attitude and comes down sideways or every which way.  This time its falling gently to the ground just like real snow is suppose to fall.  I'm rather enthralled.  Except for a few things like that my husband is not warming my side of the bed for me for the second night in a row.  He says the snow is helping pay the bills.  I say lets not have bills and enjoy the snow.  He likes to make us think it's not fun.  I like to imagine he's having fun and enjoying the camaraderie of the other drunk with snow removal exhausted guys. Otherwise I'd worry and go cabin feverish. 

Speaking of which.  It's feverary.  At least at this house.  February is suppose to be a good month because Matt and I have birthdays in this month.  But it never fails to be a month of fevers.  And home shows.  But I always know that March is coming and March in Nebraska is like May in Wisconsin.  February is only 28 days too!  So March gets here sooner!  

I have a list of prayer requests a mile long.  Anyone of you have any ideas what to do about prayer requests?  It's not like anyone really asked me to please pray.  But what's a girl to do when she knows too many hurts besides pray?  So aching for the hurt and pondering for the hurt have become my prayer for the hurt.  Because really, I have no idea how to pray or what to pray.  But I ache.  And for two days in a row I've been told that, people are my ministry.  Does one decide what their ministry is and there it is?  Because I didn't decide to ache for hurts.  But God has given me just enough pain that I no longer have answers.  Just lots of aching for the hurts.  And God has given me Jesus.  He is enough.  

And IF Jesus is enough, help me put it into reality with teaching and loving my kiddos.  Any answer for that one?  I waffle on when to listen and when to lighten up and when to punch the line.  If my kids would articulate every feeling in a nice logical manner I'd be able to check my manual and boom.  But no.  We get all the things that aren't in the books.  So today, I had had enough.  It was time to muck out the basement again.  So the school work got neglected.  But we got it!  Yes we did!  @ 10:30 pm we finally said that's it.  We had some whining.  And a few bumps in the road.  But we WILL get this thing.    Some day they'll come back and tell me what a wonderful mom I was right?    

The rest of the week is full already.  One day this month Matt and I WILL go out for our birthdays.  One must celebrate every year they get and plus that......I think we need to celebrate us.  Marriage is a pretty valuable commodity and It's never celebrated and  given it's full honor enough.  Because life.  And who knew it'd be so hard and right and good?  Pray for protection over your marriage and over your man ladies.  We've found over the last couple years that marriage isn't Satan's most favorite thing.  But it's one of God's best plans.  It's really worth taking care of.  

I'm off.  To my cold bed.  This snow( Bless it's heart) .  Stealing my man away from me.......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....