Skip to main content

Winter and Idaho and Laundry

Winter goes on forever.  Today we're having an April blizzard.  I snickered and snorted at the weather forecasters and even my own weather forecaster husband.  But when the electricity tries to go off and I'm still working on my endless mountain of laundry and it's a non school day and I'm determined that I only have to do regular things and I promise myself I WILL get laundry done....well then the electric MUST not go off.  And I'm not snickering and snorting anymore. I'm holding my tongue just right.....

Sometimes you take selfies for the fun of it because it was just a fun little moment in the kitchen.  

Especially this weird special moment.... They were being silly obviously.

A Day out with just Jeanie and Keagan.  

He picked Valentinos and the cookie shop....

She's a gift to me.  As the boys get bigger, I realize I'm the outnumbered one. I'm treasuring her drama and all the girl stuff.  Finally I have  someone who makes sense to me and I'm not the only odd duck out here.

We went to Idaho over Easter.  The grands coming in and out is even more than at that other house.  It's rather nice really.  

Everyone showed up on Thurs. evening to burn the brush piles and then to hang out the rest of the evening.

A lot of girl power there.  Lots of little girls turning into young adults.  


Shilah and I .  Closest I will ever get to having a twin.  Super impatient for her to be done teaching and for both of us to be done with the crazy years we're in.  We use to talk on the phone almost every day......  what ?  Remember that Shilah?

The little cousins,  Sometimes I don't like to be at the bottom of the family for the sake of my boys.  The variety of cousins are slim and they don't know for sure what to do with each other.   This trip was probably about the best yet for this group though.    

At the look out one evening.  So does one ever really get use to seeing their kids get big?  I truly love this stage but its weird.   Deep voices but still a little boy at heart.  And the funniest thing.....my memory of being 14 is getting dimmer and dimmer and I can't fall back on it.  Now we make decisions and wonder what they really need and if we're giving it.  If I could just remember how it was I would just know all the parenting stuff right? 



But I still have littles!  Yeah!  They throw me for a loop too.  Nothing like kids to keep us humble aye?

Yup and we're forty.  And 17 years into marriage.  I was reading an article about marriage and how some people find marriage to be easy and good.  And I don't believe it.  What makes a marriage strong if it doesn't have some iron sharpening iron?  So 17 years is a good place.  A familiar place.  My best advice for marriage is to always marry a guy you can friend with.  Because when we get away from responsibility and stop stressing over life our conversation and sense of humor work and we're still friends.  That's really really important.  But just break away now and then and take time for being friends.  There's your marriage advice for the day.

I really love  our technology age..... 20 years ago it would have been something else.  But watching grandma's video clips on her phone are just fine.

And I love to see this.  This is proof that mom sits down on her phone everyday and scrolls through her phone to see what her 107 people are doing.  So ya....make fun of fb and ig if you wanna....but I'm thankful for it.  It's connection over the many miles!  

The guys put up a fence in no time on Saturday.  I know now how easy it is to put up and guess what I want for Mother's day?

We really are good together.  


It's fun to watch these two together.  If I could point out a couple that has learned to be centered before marriage I would point out them.  And four kids keep them from being too cool .  That Jase is my favorite I think....So comforting to see him gorge himself on pickles and red beats...  Hehe! 

Just the siblings and spouses went out for supper without any grands or greats.  It was an evening of too loud and good food and just being together.  But I sat there and kind of just got a kick out of ourselves.  We really all have a story and have come full circle and now it's time to reconnect....We've been all parenting and  in the crazy years.  Anyhow....can't explain it other than we're growing older and it's familiar and it's good. 

I watched them walk away down the sidewalk afterward and remembered their dating and baby years and now I love to see their grand parenting years beginning.   Dayton walks bowlegged and Judy still swings along beside him and makes him chuckle and it makes me happy. 

Sorry about your eyes Sharon.  These two work in the community like nobody's  business and  somehow stay sane. And having 5 girls would be daunting for me but they make it look good.  I love watching Sharon using her great sense of humor and Norvan reading and philosophizing .  They balance each other out very well.  

Oh .  Us again.  With the perfect number behind us.  See?  We are perfect!  Hehe! 

These two.  Vibrant really fits them.  And right now they're super busy with nursing school and teaching and teenagers.  Hang on tight guys and I'm rooting for you! 

It snowed on Easter Sunday and we walked home from church through the snow.  Weirdest thing to be out in the snow and not be cold.  

Left over flowers from sunrise service.  This snowing thing happening ALL. THE. TIME.  At least I have a picture of flowers.  Are we all sick of winter because it's dragging on or because it's been so bleak.  Is it actually dragging on any more than other years?

And this is my wise good parents.   My favorite picture from the trip.

Home again and Dan and Ruthie came to give a weekend of meetings.  Matt and I got to go out with just them sans kids.  It was a rich good time.  What a special good weekend!  

Mom made this dress for Mima a year ago and now Jeanie has it and it matches one of mine!  kinda fun.

Just two days ago it was so warm and we took a ride on the four wheeler over to see the new pony.   And today.....ugh.

So glad to see them! 

Hehe!  See my post was about Laundry!    It will take me the next 17 years to beat this thing but I'm planning on it.  Just not today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....