Skip to main content

Little Floating Thoughts....

Matt has been slowly getting this spot cleaned up for us.  It's the door we go in and out of the most.  And it was one big mud slide and ugly right in front of the door.  One Saturday in Spring I declared that I was sick of it and I was going to do something with it soon.  Matt took it and dreamed and worked to make something that I couldn't have ever done.  He's not satisfied with it but I'm very pleased with it.  I think it's perfect.  I love the imperfection of it.  Little spiritual lesson:  I think sometimes the imperfections bring out the beauty the best. Would we know God's grace if we were perfect?  Would we know Joy if we didn't know pain?  Even weeds have beauty. 

Another little home improvement.  This bathroom is one of three in this house and it's well used and ugly.  So I painted it all white and bleached and scrubbed and recaulked.  Now I just need new drawer pulls and a new register cover.  It's looking better.  The new pot lid makes me the happiest though!  

So I found this little baby hard-book by Usborne at the thrift store.  It's called Home.  Jeanie loves looking at the pictures in it and I was looking at what a normal home looks like according to Usborne .  I guess the dad looking at his phone on the couch while the wife sits with her book and coffee is the norm.  It's just too close to real.  How many wives would so love to slap that phone out of her husbands hand and throw it across the room?  Be honest.  Smart phones make me grumpy.  ( And yes, I have one.) 
       I remember sitting around the living room as a teen talking with Mom and Dad for hours.  Mom would read a book but books don't steal so much from a person.  Dad would read too but mostly talk with us or have little nap.  Oh and  Mom would go up to Dad sleeping on the couch and startle him with a shriek and a shake and he'd jump every single time.  And she would cackle and think it was funny.  And this still happens.  They've been married for over 50 years and yet he still lays down for a nap and trusts she won't wake him up like that and she still gets a charge out of scaring him.    I guess norm is individual.  :) 

I've been slowly reading this book.  It's very readable and interesting, but I'm too busy to get it all in one sitting!  Haha!  Actually, maybe I need to just take in one little bit at a time.  So if anyone wants a readable doable study and be encouraged read this.  Prayer has been on my mind a lot and I have a lot to learn.  But I'm learning that prayer isn't just  an exercise for hard times.  God has a desire for me to know Him.  He has a desire to give us blessings.  He wants me to have prayer be a part of breathing.  He knows my propensity to be comfortable and procrastinate.  He wants always an ongoing deepening relationship with me.  And He's not scary and beating me over the head with to do lists that I can never achieve.  Wonderful Grace of Jesus!!!!!! 

Can't explain why I like this quote  enough to put it on my pantry door.  But it keeps slapping me in the face.  I meant it to put fire under the boys' tails.  Never know what a mother's good intentions will do to make her grow up herself.   

She has been all my sunshine all day long every day.  This morning she was able to say the hard C sound along with the vowel.  This is big.  And she keeps coming up with more and more questions.  We're working on the little "Thumbody Special"  song.  She's struggling to make the thumbs up/  Not sure why she's behind in some of these things but she's going to catch up.  She keeps making good advances.  

My flowers didn't last nearly long enough this year. Next year I'm going to branch out and try different and more kinds. 

This is my next project.  Getting rid of the nasty green in the bedroom.  I really hate painting and redecorating.  I'm not good at it.  But I'm hoping with endurance I get through for another couple years.


We spent Labor day at Sthur Museum in Grand Island.  A living history village on a drizzly fall day.  



One of the bouquets of the summer.   It's been a short summer and I'm not sure I like that. 

Tomorrow my mom and dad fly into Lincoln and will spend five whole days !  What a gift!  They haven't been here for almost three years and I am going to enjoy it to the full!   It will go so fast.   


Comments

Wanda said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda said…
Hi! I was wondering if there was any way I could subscribe to your blog? :) I couldn't find any "subscribe" button anywhere and I would love to read your posts when you have new ones. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....