Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!



Dear all our Friends,
Merry Christmas! I wish I could say in words just how much Merry Christmas means to me. It means Jesus! It means Grace! It means Salvation! And it means time with family and friends and chocolate and coffee and snow. Oh and sometimes it means sending all our friends a note and a family picture.
So a quick run down of 2018 and our kids and our lives:
We're still living at the blue house on the corner of A street and 336th road. We still feel like our seven acres is a little corner of heaven on earth. We have a horse and a pony and a dog and so many cats(almost all wild).
A new thing this year is sending all three boys down the road to the church school. It's been a bit of a learning curve but what's life without a bit of learning curve? Zerrick is 15 and doing high school and youth stuff. His hobbies are reading, hunting, hockey and time with his friends. Keagan is 11 and still tearing everything apart or digging in my cupboards for household items for all his science projects. He's a lot messy but mostly happy and soft hearted toward people. Mathias is 8 and still declares truth to where ever truth must be be proclaimed. His voice carries just fine too. He and Jeanie are best friends and he puts up with a lot for her. Jeanie is 5 and still our happy little singer....maker of her own song. She just got glasses and hopefully she will catch up over time on the details she's been delayed in. She gives her heart to the ones she deems safe. She makes my heart have joy so much it aches.
Matt still co-owns GRC and hires his roofers from Mexico using the H-2B visa program. That has proved to be a good thing and a benefit to the company. He's a pretty amazing business man that puts himself out there always helping people. (I'm a bit prejudiced yes?) He's a successful business man but he's most of all a good husband and dad. He's our steady.
I'm wearing less hats every year. I haven't baked for market for four summers now and happier every summer! And this year I'm not teaching. So now I have no excuse for a messy house as all I have to do is home make and mother and wife. The learning curves in those three capacities keep me humble.
We've all experienced a very special goodbye to Matt’s Grandpa Burkey this last week. He was 95 years old and left us a wonderful heritage. He was able to be up and aware and part of life until three days before he died. I can't say enough about his steady faith in Jesus. He was a good man....and a humble man.
Our vacations and visitors this summer were not as many as before. Our camping trip this summer was to two different campgrounds up by the Niobrara. We went to Idaho at Easter and hopefully get to go again at New Years. We also took in the Kauffman reunion in MN and that was a gift to me from God. I saw so many people drawn to God from the things they're experiencing and my faith is much stronger.
By Gods Grace we strive to teach our children more and more about following Jesus, the baby in the manger, who also signed my pardon.

Paper is full. Come see us in windy flat Nebraska where the sunsets take your breath away! Love, Matts








Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your words, and these pictures are so good! We are hoping to bring the family to visit y’all this summer...Lord willing and if y’all dont mind!

Deborah &Burton

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....