Skip to main content

Just Life

Everyone should do a recap of their life now and then I suppose.  Instagram has pretty much taken over my social media updates about Life.  But here is where I come back for a timeline of my life from the time my oldest was six.  So now he's 16 about.  That means I've been blogging for ten years.


We made this little haymow into a cute little place to hang out for the kids.  Jeanie is sulking because Mathias didn't let her on his hammock with him.  Poor thing.  She loves him so much and he needs here to keep him nice.  He's always been a bulldozer.  She keeps him on the soft and kinder path. 

We had a full double rainbow right over our house on Mother's Day weekend.  10 years ago on Mother's day weekend we lost our 8 wk baby.  Some Mother's Days hit hard and some are more precious.  This one was good.

We went to Tennessee and Georgia and South Caroline at the end of April.  It was beautiful in every state and the friends and family were lovely.









And now life has taken on the Summer Crazy and School is done and Youth Rally weekend is done and VBS is coming up.

I've been thinking about being productive vs. busy.  And controlling vs. flexibility.  And all in the realm of homemaker.  Not many people read here but I'd love thoughts if anyone has the time.
 I am putting this together for a little ladies talk.  So I'm not just pondering.  I'm not sure how to present it.    So I'm thinking about how "busy" we all are and comparing to my mom and what made her "busy".  I just don't think our lives are the same today as 50 years ago.  My busyness is usually the running in circles doing a little here and a little there and not being productive.  And we get to hop in the car and go anywhere we want; when we want. We have meetings to attend. We have obligations that aren't simply our little family.  But yet....we WANT and NEED community so I'm not interested in cutting off all our busyness.  So how do we be productive and busy with balance?  How do we get things done and maintain a schedule without becoming controlling?  And is flexibility good?  Thoughts?  

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don’t have wise words to answer your questions, but I so agree with you that our busyness has changed since our mom’s day. Right now I’m living such a muddled life that I don’t know much at all about productivity. Do I believe in flexibility? Yes! I hope your ladies’ talk goes well. And excuse my nosiness, but who is the lady with you under the picture of your mom and dad? I feel like I should know her, but I can’t figure out who she is. -Luci

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....