Happy Fall! Happy Thankful Month. I think it's been forever ago since I blogged. I don't know how anymore. In fact, I couldn't find the place on here where I could even write for the longest time. But Lo and Behold! Here I am. This summer we went to Wisconsin for my aunt's funeral. There were cousins from both sides of my family there because this aunt was dad's sister and her husband is my mom's brother. Anyhow.....there were cousins there. A LOT of cousins. And one of them pulled me aside and told me I should write again. I had a dream last night where I explained to a group of people that I'm not a writer. So why am I here? Not sure. I wanted to see what it would be like I guess.
My life is different. Different than it was last I was here. I was wearing so many hats and reeling from confrontations and accusations. So I lost my voice. Am I back? I don't know. I'm here. And I'm happy to be.So update on the family first. Matt and I have gray hair lined into our brown. We've fought hard and worked hard and have found home with each other. 20 years doesn't really seem long in marriage anymore. I look back and I realize we've made a lot of memories and history together and it adds up to a lot. We're lucky. More than that we're protected and guided by a gracious good God. ( I'm learning to love God better. Before it was Jesus. My Jesus. But God means something to me now too. )
Zerrick is gone more than here on the weekends. In the Mennonite bubble there are always volleyball weekends, youth rally's, and friends to fly to. We love it. But we love when he's home.
Keagan went into high school like a champ. We spent two hours in a school store looking at curriculum together this summer. He's interested in interesting hard subjects. It's tough for him to accept that his interests are intense when he'd rather not apply himself so hard. But he's figuring out how talented he is. His literature requires lots of storytelling. Almost all he writes grab his reader. So hopefully he'll knock those credits out in the next couple years and move into a hands-on learning from there. He just got his school license yesterday so no more dropping them off at school. They drove off without me this morning! How odd.
Mathias is in 6th and struggling with 12-year-old things. Focus and wishing he didn't have to be big but wishing he wasn't treated small. He's our sunshine and rain. Every day all day. Sometimes I wish he'd give me time to get my umbrella before he starts raining though. He's all about disc golfing and keeping track of Husker football.
Jeanie. She's nine! What?! She's a beautiful big girl with big eyes and a rolling laugh and doesn't feel too obligated to please the world. She's herself and she's fine with it. She is advancing in her schooling super super super slow but still advances. Little by little. She's excellent at her audio and oral learning. But reading and writing and numbers are hard. Her school tutor has worked and looked for ways to break the cage door to her learning. Her classroom teacher is amazing and has Jeanie's heart and has gotten Jeanie as far as she is in the auditory oral classes! We simply couldn't do without them. I panic went I think of the changes of each new school year. What if her teachers change and all the other what-ifs? But every time I just remind myself to do the moment. And then God finds us a way.
My life is about being mom and teacher at school three days a week and I've let the homemaker hat slide a lot since I'm gone so much.
No deep philosophical thoughts to bug you with this time. I'm usually intense enough without trying so maybe just a couple pictures...









Comments
Love, Dawn