https://open.spotify.com/track/0hFbM5TjRxWwPh8xIAYW38?si=zjODqNVMQduT0YCHdrSPXQ
Whem Matt built the greenhouse he was thinking about practical things....like growing food. Somehow it has turned into a place to rest and relax the shoulders and turtle. I believe everyone should have a place to rest. How I'm so privileged to have this space is truly a unforeseen gift.
How God made things so beautiful - right down at the core of a plant, to the whole plant- mystifies.
If that link works you should go listen to this song. It soothes the soul. Exactly what I need. I've been listening to it for over a year. When the noise gets to loud and the pain gets too strong.
Whem Matt built the greenhouse he was thinking about practical things....like growing food. Somehow it has turned into a place to rest and relax the shoulders and turtle. I believe everyone should have a place to rest. How I'm so privileged to have this space is truly a unforeseen gift.
How God made things so beautiful - right down at the core of a plant, to the whole plant- mystifies.
I wonder, does God design us like plants? Deep inside are we that intricate and beautiful? And does the whole person show up as beautiful as that intricate inner being?
Since birthing my sunshine child I have been studying the brain and it's connections. Do you know just how tied the heart is to the brain? Do you know just how much the tending of the inner being matters to the wiring in your mind? It's not just pshcyo babble. It's down to the cells. Do you know that what you eat even affects your brain? So if you can set that inner core part of you in good condition with tending it correctly, that will allow the whole person to be beautiful.
Here's the truth. Beautiful is just a word we use. But in our humanity we don't have a lot of perfect words to actually describe what God's intricate design makes of us.
How can I do this work of keeping my inner being in good condition?
The Disciples asked Jesus the same thing. And Jesus told them the "work" they should do is to believe. Faith. To me that looks like choosing to mark down all the things I find in scripture that describe God. And choosing not to allow the words of defeat and negativity to echo in my heart and head. Also, sing. Praise. Recount God's goodness out loud. ( A good falling on your face before God is also faith).
This process is tending to your inner being. And that my friend is wiring your brain with healthy connections. You quite possibly shouldn't blow a breaker when life's things happen. But if the breaker blows God is big enough to heal that too. Don't stop tending just cuz life be life.
Comments