I read a liturgy this morning.
A phrase or two:
O Christ who stood with Peter in his boat
And said, "Launch out into the deep."
Now come on board with me
That I too may launch out into the deep
And know I always float upon the surface of your mystery.
Now as I sail, sail with me,
With me in calm and storm,
And even as Your waters lift my boat,
Lift and sustain me.
And another one....
Help me to remember that I live in both the Now and the Not Yet.
And a Bible verse: Show me Thy path.
So you see, I have been praying wrongly. It isn't about God showing me My path. It's God showing me HIS path.
It's not about my clarity. It's about God's clarity.
I am living in the now.
And now looks just pretty dark.
But the Not Yet is around the corner
And looking at Jesus while I'm sailing this boat of life,
Shows me HIS path.
It's not my path or my responsibility to blaze the trail.
It's my privilege to walk this trail and sail this season
One little peek of clarity at a time cuz it's not my path. It's HIS path for me.
Somehow that makes it all make sense.
My sister came to see me. I grieve the long years of not having a sister close by. This was a gift. A very special gift.
Comments