Of late I lay in bed at night sleepless with some sort of running dialogue between God and I.
It's been usually something along the lines of, " Alright God, I choose to give you first dibs. But do something! "
The thing I'm asking is no hardship for God. Because he is all knowing and all powerful and all the divine. But how will I know if He's going to do it? Of course He can do it. He's got the ability. But with his all knowing eye WILL he?
So two things show up over and over in this go round in my head: 1, Can I trust Him? DO I trust God?
And 2, Hannah in the Bible.
I am a Hannah. I go over this prayer for Jeanie's healing over and over with words and mostly without words. And Hannah did not stop asking so shall I not stop asking .
I find myself humanly thinking that I will in some way move the hand of God by prayer and much agony in spirit.
But then I think. Wait. It's God who holds the power and He will do what He does by his own power and all knowing nature.
I'm also challenged by Hannah in that she didn't look at outcomes. She already knew the outcome was that Samuel was God's the minute she got him.
So then I ask myself, is healing for her benefit and God's or mine? Probably all three.
Also, God deals in abundance. He's not bound to one kind of healing. Which is great cuz I could use a number of different kinds.
Comments