Tell me how one who is so vulnerable and feels openly can also find ways to ask for other's benefits?
Shouldn't one who is most mature know how to take the high road? Shouldn't they be the one back tracking and picking up the fallen?
I have seen the most unlikely things from my dlg4 kid. I should list them all. But the one that I got right now in my tears in my eyes is this:
This past week we have been so completely and fully expanding her horizons and feeding her empty tank of relationships.
Bess was here.
Bess showed her how to geocach.
Bess connected with her for no other reason than to connect with her.
It wasn't about meeting a standard so much as it was about let's do things that are different than you normally do and let's have fun and let's be. And Bess loved her well. She didn't expect the "normal". She expected Jeanie. That's it. Jeanie.
I've been praying two things. One is that there would be a friend to come along side and connect with Jeanie just like Bess did. And in my little mind I've. been thinking long term. But in life have you seen friendships be long term in kids? Why was I thinking that? I was also curious how God would provide friendship with one her age? And God didn't stay limited in the answer like I was limiting Him in the way I asked. (God deals in abundance by the way). So God gave us Bess for a week! And now I do suppose he's going to give us more at some other point. And it might not be like I think. Or like I pray about. It might be in a whole different way. The ways God shows up are endless!
This morning was the freedom run in Seward. While we waited for Z and S to finish Maddie came along and sat smack down by Jeanie and uninhibitedly showed her friendship. God. God did it again!
The other thing I've been praying: that Jeanie would see Jesus in a real way. Of course I prayed that it would be in assuring physical format wouldn't you know! And do you want to know how God answered that one?
It's the last big day of Bess and Suz being here. And it got to be time for fireworks. And Miss J does not like fireworks. And I don't either. So we decided to stay home. But goodness we felt left out when the jeeps rolled out of the driveway with Bess and all the kids! So we tucked into bed and cried a little. And opened up our little app for our nighttime Bible and prayer. And it was about they that trust in the Lord will renew their strength. And after that we prayed. And she asked God to strengthen us cuz we're feeling bad. And I prayed too and cried. A river. And I think Jesus showed up in an assuring way in her spirit . Later we both agreed we were better after that.
But then what got me really crying was what she prayed after asking for personal strength; she asked God to help Bess (and then she named all her brothers and Suz ) have a good time and other intricate details and that they would come home safely to us.
Conclusion: Friends are so important. And seeing Jesus might involve crying in prayer with your kids and hurting with them and showing them how to take it to Jesus in those tears.
And conclusion 2: connections and love and vulnerable prayer and Bible verses develop the mind. That's biblical and Jeanie proves it to me.
I am still praying for whole and complete physical healing of that mutant gene. Who knows what God will do!
Comments