Skip to main content

In My Worship Place


Last time I posted I mentioned being in a quiet spot. 
    It's curious to me how one can be in a quiet spot internally but super busy externally and then be in a quiet season externally but Internally be in a season of seeking and crying and lonely. 
    Zerrick and Susanna's reception in our yard is over and my many siblings showing up for us was a cherry on top.   It felt like a relaxed good reception and I spent most of it watching people and listening in on little groups of chatter.  
   And then the twelve hours with my siblings on Saturday.  God worked it out so I could have tiny little snitches of chat that I could be assured that I got the most of the gift of them even being here.   
    We all stood around and prayed and cried and sobbed together for a short time before Bruce's left.  Healing.  I still feel emotional about it. 

And now it's quiet. Nothing pressing.  The whole summer was so good and full and I am living my best life. 
    I find my heart can be full but still longing for something beyond the external richness.  There are so many things aren't there? 
   I still don't have answers to how those things will play out . 
   I still sit in my outdoor chapel and pray to keep still and let God work. 
    I still say what seems important and let it fall how it falls while I pray it falls gently and lands safely. 
    And I still sit here in the lonely time and pray God brings us to a place of confirmation that we're where we should be.  And I pray for a full clarity on our next steps.   And I pray for joy while I learn to trust everything into the loving hands of God. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

This and That.....

Life has been going along here.  I've been reading some interesting posts lately.  Lisl's Post   Is one that I would like every older experienced women to read and answer honestly about their short comings and victories and why's and wherefores.  I liked some of the comments on that post also. For myself I think the baby stage of life is a hard stage. And it's a stage where we see how terribly selfish we are.  And it's a time of life where we loose so much sleep so some times things look bigger than they are.  And one person I was talking with said that perhaps we young wives /mothers have an elevated view of ourselves and what we think our husbands expect of us.  When really God has called us in this time to the mundane task of day to day child training and babies and to think of it as THIS is where God wants us.   Also I've been talking with Matt about this too and in his logical way he tells me that working together as a team is importan...