Skip to main content

Grateful Even If.....

I am grateful. 
Giving the accolades to God.
But feeling like we're in a space of quiet. 
The quiet before a storm.
Is it possible to walk in faith and still prepare for the next heavy thing?
Maybe it's possible.
Maybe it's okay. 
Maybe the quiet and mundane and nothingness is God's gift.
Maybe He knows my mind and soul need a break.  A rest time. 
Time to take care of other places of my life. 
It doesn't mean I'm not close to Him. 
It might mean I'm like a dry hard patch of earth that just needs the time to let the faith sink deep.  
While I sit in this little space of empty I keep a grateful eye on my little piece of Faith. 
And I list my Grateful in my head
The two months without seizures
The week long trip to my son's wedding and no bad effects. 
The quiet of not having big fear spirals. 
The flowers in the garden all messy and laying sideways and still blooming like it doesn't matter they're laying in the dirt. 
The  thoroughly satisfying cleaning ability.
The time to read and drink coffee and reflect.
The cold messy pool to float in.
The teens in the house saying all the unorthodox things. 
So much rain. 
Just being and just creating.  No one to have to prove myself to. 

I'm grateful.  
Even if....
.....The fear and trauma paralyzes me.
......The adrenaline surge knocks me flat when I see a seizure or hear it. 
......I wonder how this journey will play out over time.
.....It hurts and squeezes my heart when Jeanie talks on and on about the future as though it's hers. 
......She doesn't know how to be a friend anymore to her girlfriends.
.....I am  in a spot of wondering how this season plays out and where I fit.

I find that with Matt and I,  I just want to be old together in the garden with our own secrets and no one's big opinions to mar our aura of old bliss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Worship Place

Last time I posted I mentioned being in a quiet spot.      It's curious to me how one can be in a quiet spot internally but super busy externally and then be in a quiet season externally but Internally be in a season of seeking and crying and lonely.      Zerrick and Susanna's reception in our yard is over and my many siblings showing up for us was a cherry on top.   It felt like a relaxed good reception and I spent most of it watching people and listening in on little groups of chatter.      And then the twelve hours with my siblings on Saturday.  God worked it out so I could have tiny little snitches of chat that I could be assured that I got the most of the gift of them even being here.        We all stood around and prayed and cried and sobbed together for a short time before Bruce's left.  Healing.  I still feel emotional about it.  And now it's qu...

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

My Sunshine

I didn't actually want a diagnosis.  Jeanie has been a whole sunshine her whole life.  At age 10 she began to have seizures.  At age 3 she wasn't talking clearly. At age 6 she could barely write or color. At age 12 she still can't read or do numbers.   She's very literal.  Making a joke doesn't come out right.  Getting a pun is normal for her.  Walking a smooth straight line and jogging an even jog aren't in her repertory.   But making it fun and repressing the negative are things she's picked up and can do better than you.   If you think you do life scared, be her for a day.  She thinks it's normal to spill something and break something and not be able to thread a small bead. She thinks it's normal for the letters to blink out on the page and not be able to remember the sounds of the letter combination.   She knows she can't tie her shoe or work a buckle.  But she isn't embarrassed to ask for he...