Today I made Apple Butter for the first time in my life I think. It was a good experience but
I'm really wondering how we're ever going to use it all up. Matt tried some tonight on some of
his mom's wheat bread and he decided again that honey on wheat bread tastes better. So all my hard
work might have been a big waste of time! But it was a good experiment anyhow...
I'm really wondering how we're ever going to use it all up. Matt tried some tonight on some of
his mom's wheat bread and he decided again that honey on wheat bread tastes better. So all my hard
work might have been a big waste of time! But it was a good experiment anyhow...
Why does it look red? It was a deep dark clovey brown...
I used the recipe that Jenny said worked good for her last time
she made it.
The reason for all this apple stuff in the middle of the summer rather
than fall apple harvesting? Dave and Beth have an apple tree that ripens in
the summer...a summer apple tree. Anyhow, this tree has produced way too
many apples to please me and all the rest of the hard working ladies who had to put
up much applesauce yesterday. I think it was a total of 130 quarts of apple sauce! WE
worked hard if I do say so myself. Anyhow, the apple butter was the applesauce
that no one had any use for....So now we have apple butter that hopefully someone
will have use for! :)

Comments