These are pictures of Mom B making her microwave caramel popcorn. Last week we had a NE blizzard and Beth and I and Mom B were husbandless for a night. (The guys slept in town so as to be able to get out to do snow removal the next day). So Beth and I along with our kids went down to the folks to sleep. So to kick start our long slumber party we begged Mom to make some of her delicious caramel popcorn. Besides that I find it intriguing and I wanted to see it done like she does it. So here we go...
This is her recipe ....she has a nice book of favorite recipes she's compiled over the years...(I think it would make a fine gift for any one of her offspring!) :)
First she adds the ingredients for the caramel in a microwave safe bowl....
Then she pops the corn as the caramel
comes to a boil in the mike....
All the while she's counting out 12 cups of popcorn into a paper bag...
Then she get the boiling hot stuff and adds the soda and stuff...mixes it well....
And then dumps it into the bag w/ the popcorn....
Then she shakes it good....and pops it back into the mike for 1 1/2 minutes and then I'm not sure if it's done or if it has to be shook again and then miked again?
But the end result was This! It was delicous! And Fast!
So that kicked off the slumber party. Other memories we made....donut making in the morning...the kiddios played outside in the tunnels they made...Beth and I made Christmas cards...And we got home late the next night and our lane was drifted shut. Beth stayed on ANOTHER night down there and the next day got home finally and had to pack for a trip for the next day! What a life! Hopefully they get a little relaxation some where!
We are back to life here now....I have Christmas gifts wrapped....we're doing school everyday...I'm ALWAYS trying to catch up on the trail we leave behind us around here....One of these days we hope to have a Christmas baking day w/ the girls and grandkids....
Things we're thankful for this season are: a good job, warm house, two miracle boys, eachother, family all around us, a SURE line to hold on to(My Saviour and King), and access to the TRUTH (The Bible).....God is good.
To all my family and friends, Don't let life pull you under....step back and away from the troubles and refocus on Jesus and the reason for coming to earth. We can be joyful and victorious....we can! :) As Shilah's been telling me...God can use our weaknesses not our strength! So help me learn!
To all my family and friends, Don't let life pull you under....step back and away from the troubles and refocus on Jesus and the reason for coming to earth. We can be joyful and victorious....we can! :) As Shilah's been telling me...God can use our weaknesses not our strength! So help me learn!
Comments