Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Dear Keagan

Keagan turned two on December 26 but we decided not to have his party till things got a little slower from Christmas and all the Blizzardy stuff. So on January 3 we had the family over for cake and Icecream. Here in this first picture Matt is being so kind as to help me decorate the cake. I was rather stressing about it because I am not a cake decorator. I was VERY glad for his help. Keagan was helping too....he was watching and saying, "Thoms, Thoms, Thoms" He was pretty excited. And Zerrick was helping...he took this picture!

So we finished the decorating of it and then after it was wrapped nicely with saran wrap Keagan just couldn't resist and he did this squish thing up and down it. So much for all that work.


The candle thing was pretty amazing to him. He really was in awe of those candles and then later felt rather satisfied with the whole cake thing.





Finally after our snack we could open gifts. Keagan was very excited about that. He kept saying, "open geefts". I like his accent.

And this gift of course pleased ALL the boys in the family! And he's been busy all week w/ all his little treasures. I do think that Christmas and Birthdays spoil one. Don't you think?



And this is what has been keeping him busy this week while Zerrick is doing school work. He doesn't do so bad w/ it. He keeps telling me its a snow blower! I think his dad has been doing A LOT of snow stuff w/ blowers and blades lately! :) He catches everything.

So there's my brag on my baby. We love our boys.....

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Jenny said…
Happy Birthday Keagan :) It's too bad we missed the party... but we did have a wonderful time in Wisconsin!
David said…
He does look pleased with his cake, doesn't he?
Thanks for the nice party. Stay warm!
Mom Burkey
Jenn said…
Good job with the Thomas cake, you did real good for "not being a cake decorator"! Keagan, you are so cute and big and I haven't seen you since you were a couple months old! And the ice pictures the post before are so beautiful....I really do want some of your snow....
Wanda said…
Aww! What a sweetheart! 2 yr. old's parties are SO fun! and good job on the cake. I was impressed Matt helped out.:)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....