Skip to main content

Idaho Trip

The trampoline was the most fun thing ever for the kids. Keagan thought he was pretty cool to be big enough for it...


My Dad and Mom.....I still say if you guys don't want the glider set you can ship it to me...


I doubt my kids will have many memories of my parents ...but hopefully pictures like these will bring back a few!

I don't know that this lady matches my son in character but I do know they could pass for brother and sister in real life.
Here's the little toughy who despised my son! She and Keagan were quite the enemies. Although I'm pretty sure Keagan couldn't figure out why she didn't like him. Poor boy....

The story of the dead flower. Shilah was so thrilled to see a water lily blooming on her "fun" boat ride that ended up to be a stuck boat ride....her one daughter went to pick it for her and here it was fake...out in the middle of the river. Rather disappointing! :) Dad found it funny!

Me and my favorite little skinny two year old...

Dad and Mom trying to figure out what they're saying....

April with her precious gem. She's a petite happy little baby...long as April jiggles her all the time! :)









Gilbert really liking the hotwings Matt made!













Mom had something of interest to tell Dayton and Judy....was it funny? I can't tell....





















Zerrick's only boy cousin his age in Idaho. There is one other boy cousin his age in South Carolina but we never see them....( Hi, Ivan) :)












The three little girls .... These three were the three that always liked to crawl up on Jays lap and they'd read and talk at all the family events. Good thing Jay is a big guy....so far his lap is big enough!
Okay I've tried to edit this too many times. We'll just leave it messy. All in all we had a nice trip and now we're ready to get back to life as normal. The summer looks like a busy enough one with Market season well started and the garden is already out of control.
Sometime I'm going to do a series of posts documenting the whole Market thing. Until later, Amy

Comments

Shilah Writes said…
See you had lots of fun Huh? Looks like it anyway... Thanks for getting my backside. Hopefully no one else will want to know the width and the depth and the heigth thereof... Huh! that made sense to only you and me. So glad you finally came to see us...
Arla said…
Very nice update, Amy. Idaho is always fun!
On the Hill said…
Shilah...you must have been looking for it...I missed it! Ha! Amy...can't help you go see the boy cousin in Idaho...but you never come see the boy cousin in SC!! could say more...but will stop...Ha!
Charlotte said…
Howling my head off over Shilah's comment. I actually scrolled back up to see what she was ranting about.
Amy, your boys will treasure the pictures with Grandpa Sids in later years.
good pics Amy. ...enjoyed you coming! we'll eat your wings anytime !!! :0)
Anonymous said…
Looks like you had fun! I can't wait to "catch up" with you.
~Beth
makes me miss everybody out there!!!
Wanda said…
It was good to check in on you again. Looks like God has been good to you...love ya.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....