Skip to main content

Baking today


This day feels overwhelming.....so much to do and so little time till I'm wore out and the kids can't stand another minute and my house falls down around my ears. So I'm whining on here....hoping someone takes time to lift me up in prayer!!! Or else come do my dishes and give me uplifting things to think on! So here goes....Hot rolls to eat in four hours. Bring your own coffee.

Comments

Arla said…
Praying for you.
Sharon said…
Me too. Nothing uplifting except remember what matters, take deep breaths often and do it a step at a time!
ourlittleheaven said…
Oh Amy I'll come over and wash up a few dishes for you. I have a few great memories of helping you in the little milkhouse bakery here in good ol' WI. One thing I'll never forget was a time when 2 loaves of bread didn't turn out and to my frugle horror you through them out. I suggested making stuffing or something with it and you replied that it still would go to waste or turn into fat in the long run. Well that always stuck with me and I think about it when there is only a little left in a serving bowl that if I don't just throw it out it will be on my waist. :) Love ya, Valita
Jenn said…
Sorry sorry! Is the overwhelmedness past yet? I wish you the same blessing I received yesterday....out of the blue I got a phone call regarding two youth age girls who are bored with nothing to do; can they come help me? SURE! So I got some pumpkin whoopie pies in the freezer and a bunch of shirts ironed, thanks to them.....and thank you Lord! Okay I don't want to make you jealous if you're still feeling yuck....I would love to come help you for payment of one of those yummy gooey rolls....and your lovely company...hee hee, two preggo women trying to get something done!!! I do hope tomorrow can be a day of REST for your poor tired self! Love you
Shilah Writes said…
Wow! Looking at that beautiful picture of yummies was enough to lift my spirits... Will bring coffee and be there asap. Luv u 2! Just think of all the lovely people who are growing fat on your cinn. rolls:]

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....