Today I was painting my hallway. Keagan was helping me and entertaining me. We were talking and I said something about "Let it be known" that something was something or other. His thoughts on that were..."Why can't it be "Let it be yesses"? I have to wonder if the three year old gets tired of all the noes. I'll have to teach him about homonyms later. But I wonder to? Why not more yesses? How about more thankfulness...more looking on the bright side...more choosing joy? At the reunion last summer Bruce's family sang Yes Lord Yes... To Your way and to Your will..... Surrender.... So that was my little spot of inspiration for the day.
Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.
Comments