| Keagan loves working on his little projects during school hours. This spider was one of the next things in line to do....nasty time of year for making spiders. But it turned out rather fun anyhow. |
| He was in awe of that birthday candle. And didn't know how to blow it out...but after Keagan showed him how it was done.... |
| Ice cream making. Keagan and Mathias were in awe of it. We're getting more and more evenings where we can do important things with the kids. I love that. |

We're done with Market. We're done with Harvest. And we're winding down on roofing season! Yes and praise the good Lord! I'm wondering if maybe it's not time for a sabbatical from all this craziness. Across the seas missionaries come home for a sabbatical. But when you're a missionary right where you live you get 6 hr breaks at night. That's all. But once in a while God eases the intensity and you get a few weeks of joy and rest in the middle of the crazies too. Mostly in the looking back and being thankful you find the rest and peace.
One of my sisters keeps talking about looking up and believing in God is good and living on that. Or else if you don't you only just see the negatives and never get out of the deep....you stay rolling in the mud so to speak. I think she's right.
On more of a down to earth note. My three boys are out playing in this crisp fall noon in the sandbox. That is nearly perfect peace and happiness right here on earth. I've been amazed and awed again that God has given us three boys. I watch them play and talk and giggle and chase around all day long...and fight too...and I wonder if they'll turn out. And I hope I'm really taking the time to train them and show them the most important things in life. I asked Matt the other night if he thinks we're doing okay. He said in total confidence that we're doing good.
(Along the line of finishing up harvest and roofing and stuff.....I'm hoping for a winter of little snow and long evenings at home...and evenings with candles burning and games with the kids and friends and family and puzzles and popcorn and ice skating on the pond .....and please God, no blizzards this year please?)
Two weeks from now we'll be packing up for a nice long vacation west. Idaho people beware...There are five of us and we're aching for vacation and coffee and conversation all that stuff.
Comments
Your little schoolroom is amazing, Amy! Good job.
And the spider is cute. I feel like such a boring mom lately. I need to get more creative with projects for my kids.
Thanks for your visits to my site and your comments. I wish we could meet up when you come to Idaho. Have a wonderful time, by the way.
I think we need a sabbatical too! Harvest is over but it's usually December before I sigh my big sigh of relief. 'Cause there's manure hauling and field work and other land improvement projects....but its good. God is good. And we're keeping our eyes on Him, right?