Skip to main content

Baking Day

So I just had to show off my flowers I picked and my results of a day of baking.  Hungry anyone?  
Actually this was my lazy way of making a little peace and beauty in this house.  Our lives have been tipped upside down in the last two weeks with VBS.  But tonight is the program and tomorrow I can work on creating real order and serenity in this house.  The boys have had sick messed up diets and all that good stuff.  And this mom is tired of flying out the door every night for the last two weeks.   I honestly don't know if it was worth it.    As far as baking day....baking went fabulously well today and the cinnamon rolls turned out soft and temptingly delicious.    We have an invite for supper away tomorrow night and Sunday dinner is at the gym for a farewell dinner for Justin's. And no having to sell at Market this week!  Happy weekend to you all!  :) 

Comments

Anonymous said…
In my opinion, there is NOTHING lazy about making cinnamon rolls! And I know you have had a crazy two weeks. I hope your weekend is refreshing.
As for us, we've had lots of lazy moments/laying around/napping, as the entire family has been sick this week. I am thankful for Dr.'s and medicine and I think we are climbing slowly out of it now...
Some day I will come to your house and eat a wonderful gooey cinnamon roll as they are a real treat to me! ~Jenn
Arla said…
It all looks so yummy. Thanks for the peek. I think you need to post more progress pics of your new house on this blog instead of letting face book have it all.
amyjane30 said…
I only put progress of the house on the Skrivseth fb page. It's easier for the family to see and be off to other things that way. I'm going to do a full post about the house when the inspiration kicks in for it. But right now there's just little spots of activity and things aren't just going along every day.....so that's why I haven't blogged about it a lot yet.
Shilah Writes said…
Mmmmm that with a cup of coffee would be the perfect reward...Shilah
Kim Stoll said…
Your cinnamon rolls look awesome!!
Gina said…
Drool!
Gina

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....