It's Friday evening and Matt has the two littles and Zerrick and I finished up the basement work and are enjoying the quiet. I found myself with 2 minutes of no pressure to BE and DO right now. Feels really nice.
I'm feeling nostalgic. Summer is going away already. During those hot hot days when we spent all our time cleaning up sand and water and getting wet again to survive I thought they would go on longer.... But now they're gone. Now we have to have shoes or something on our feet because the grass actually does get cold at night. And the pricklies are pokie. It's time for fall applesauce and tomatoes. Making rolls for market even smells different. Cinnamon is a fall smell....I can get a little jump/ tickle over the smell of cinnamon in the fall compared to in the Summer. I bet you do too.
And it's the time of year where we start to think that we went through the whole summer and we didn't go camping even once! How dumb was that? So we frantically check our schedule and manipulate it so we can have a weekend off. We're bad like this about budgets too. But this summer we're chalking it all up as house moving hindrances. Which is a good thing really.
Tomorrow is the first Saturday in a long time where I can sleep in and decide if I really NEED to start a project or if I want to play all day.
Here's my list of things to do if I want to: Paint things
Paint more things
Paint ceilings
Help Matt insulate.
Plan a cook out for whoever will come and help us all day.
I probably won't do any of it. But if I did I'd feel pretty good about things. Saturdays are so unpredictable.
So anyhow, have a good weekend, Amy
I'm feeling nostalgic. Summer is going away already. During those hot hot days when we spent all our time cleaning up sand and water and getting wet again to survive I thought they would go on longer.... But now they're gone. Now we have to have shoes or something on our feet because the grass actually does get cold at night. And the pricklies are pokie. It's time for fall applesauce and tomatoes. Making rolls for market even smells different. Cinnamon is a fall smell....I can get a little jump/ tickle over the smell of cinnamon in the fall compared to in the Summer. I bet you do too.
And it's the time of year where we start to think that we went through the whole summer and we didn't go camping even once! How dumb was that? So we frantically check our schedule and manipulate it so we can have a weekend off. We're bad like this about budgets too. But this summer we're chalking it all up as house moving hindrances. Which is a good thing really.
Tomorrow is the first Saturday in a long time where I can sleep in and decide if I really NEED to start a project or if I want to play all day.
Here's my list of things to do if I want to: Paint things
Paint more things
Paint ceilings
Help Matt insulate.
Plan a cook out for whoever will come and help us all day.
I probably won't do any of it. But if I did I'd feel pretty good about things. Saturdays are so unpredictable.
So anyhow, have a good weekend, Amy
Comments
So wish I could be seeing your house improvements in real life!
~Jenn