Today I took my Keagan once again to the doc. She says my boys look like they're suffering allergy issues like all the other people in Nebraska right now. Dark circles under the eyes and drainage and swollen glands. She says with the drought dryness making sick dead grass mold spores float everywhere and the corn dust being kicked up with harvest getting into gear, that most of her cold issue patients are actually allergy issues. So there you have it...it's all Nebraska's fault that my kids look like I push them to their limits and they don't feel good. I really do let them sleep now and again and I really do feed them real food too.
Speaking of sleep. It is 9pm and all the tiggers are tucked in already! Our schedules have been so rotten lately. But tonight Matt worked at the house without us and he's just now on the way home. Keagan fell asleep on the big chair right after supper. I just checked him and his fever broke!!!! I did my little hocus pocus thing and took him to the chiropractor. It always works. I suppose I'm weird but my doc wouldn't give him antibiotics and I didn't really want her to either and this other thing worked....I'm only out a few dollars and happily going with out those antibiotics! Obviously it was a virus. Z will be next I suppose. Eeyore.
Our Labor day was spent in much laboring. My laundry room now sports an amazing yellow color. And the boys bedroom is blue and tan and red. The hot water heater works finally and the guy doing the electrical is back from all his other obligations. The heating guy was working there tonight. So things are coming along. I would really be interested in getting a young niece to come help us for the next two months. What kind of candy shall I dangle to get one of you here?
Next day.....We started school on time! Yeah for us! I have homeschool burn out going on. It's really difficult trying to do so many things at once. I do see an end to this. When we get Market over with and get moved to our other house it will take so many complications out of our life. And I am so ready for that.
The other day Matt was saying how after this and this he will be able to spend so much more time with the boys. We always talk like that. I very snippily told him that we will spend as much time with the boys as is our priority even amidst the things we deem necessary now. And when these times of life are past we will still have something else taking us away from spending time with the boys. It's all about priorities. He quickly agreed with me.....(get of my back kind of agreeing). I don't blame him. It's hard to prioritize sometimes. And I have been rather snippy and short. I hear a clamor in my head and I am not female enough to be able to multitask.
I use to be naive and courageous. I use to be able to feel like telling everyone to bring it all on! I can manage and handle anything! It was definitely naivety, Now I see how weak and wimpy I am. I shall just call it fragile. Sounds better than way. Unless you're talking about my fragile mind and then it's too true for comfort! :) This choosing of paint and fixing a house and training the boys and keeping all my houses in order and schooling and keeping structure and keeping control is beyond me.
I learned one thing as I was studying to teach my SS class Sunday. I learned that to have the fruits of the spirit working practically in my life I have to let go of each fruit as something I put on or do. Instead, I live in the spirit so that those qualities are the FRUITS or results of the spirit in me. So living in the spirit is lived out in seconds here....there are no long range plans. We live moment by moment breathing our prayers to God.....trusting and obeying and letting go. So those are words I learned. Now I'm actually "learning" for real as I go. How many times do we relearn this stuff in all kinds of different ways over and over and over?
And I need to end with my thankful list.....because that was a lot of whining up there^^^! I'm happy that it feels fallish. I am happy that I have three boys that leave trails everywhere. They are the heart and soul of this house and they leave it all over the house. I'm glad they all three still love hugs and kisses and tickles. I am thankful for all the green tomatoes hanging out there. I'm going to have tomato sauce again! I'm pretty pleased with my full freezers even if my gardening didn't happen this summer. God provided through lots of lovely people. I'm thankful for family community. I'm glad for education! I love learning. Facts are interesting to me and it's a fun therapy. I love toddler giggles in my ear from the urchin behind me saying" mom, uh den" which means ...do it again. And I love days like today where I only do laundry and meals and school and naps. We live in a good time. Keep looking up for our redemption is near! :)
Speaking of sleep. It is 9pm and all the tiggers are tucked in already! Our schedules have been so rotten lately. But tonight Matt worked at the house without us and he's just now on the way home. Keagan fell asleep on the big chair right after supper. I just checked him and his fever broke!!!! I did my little hocus pocus thing and took him to the chiropractor. It always works. I suppose I'm weird but my doc wouldn't give him antibiotics and I didn't really want her to either and this other thing worked....I'm only out a few dollars and happily going with out those antibiotics! Obviously it was a virus. Z will be next I suppose. Eeyore.
Our Labor day was spent in much laboring. My laundry room now sports an amazing yellow color. And the boys bedroom is blue and tan and red. The hot water heater works finally and the guy doing the electrical is back from all his other obligations. The heating guy was working there tonight. So things are coming along. I would really be interested in getting a young niece to come help us for the next two months. What kind of candy shall I dangle to get one of you here?
Next day.....We started school on time! Yeah for us! I have homeschool burn out going on. It's really difficult trying to do so many things at once. I do see an end to this. When we get Market over with and get moved to our other house it will take so many complications out of our life. And I am so ready for that.
The other day Matt was saying how after this and this he will be able to spend so much more time with the boys. We always talk like that. I very snippily told him that we will spend as much time with the boys as is our priority even amidst the things we deem necessary now. And when these times of life are past we will still have something else taking us away from spending time with the boys. It's all about priorities. He quickly agreed with me.....(get of my back kind of agreeing). I don't blame him. It's hard to prioritize sometimes. And I have been rather snippy and short. I hear a clamor in my head and I am not female enough to be able to multitask.
I use to be naive and courageous. I use to be able to feel like telling everyone to bring it all on! I can manage and handle anything! It was definitely naivety, Now I see how weak and wimpy I am. I shall just call it fragile. Sounds better than way. Unless you're talking about my fragile mind and then it's too true for comfort! :) This choosing of paint and fixing a house and training the boys and keeping all my houses in order and schooling and keeping structure and keeping control is beyond me.
I learned one thing as I was studying to teach my SS class Sunday. I learned that to have the fruits of the spirit working practically in my life I have to let go of each fruit as something I put on or do. Instead, I live in the spirit so that those qualities are the FRUITS or results of the spirit in me. So living in the spirit is lived out in seconds here....there are no long range plans. We live moment by moment breathing our prayers to God.....trusting and obeying and letting go. So those are words I learned. Now I'm actually "learning" for real as I go. How many times do we relearn this stuff in all kinds of different ways over and over and over?
And I need to end with my thankful list.....because that was a lot of whining up there^^^! I'm happy that it feels fallish. I am happy that I have three boys that leave trails everywhere. They are the heart and soul of this house and they leave it all over the house. I'm glad they all three still love hugs and kisses and tickles. I am thankful for all the green tomatoes hanging out there. I'm going to have tomato sauce again! I'm pretty pleased with my full freezers even if my gardening didn't happen this summer. God provided through lots of lovely people. I'm thankful for family community. I'm glad for education! I love learning. Facts are interesting to me and it's a fun therapy. I love toddler giggles in my ear from the urchin behind me saying" mom, uh den" which means ...do it again. And I love days like today where I only do laundry and meals and school and naps. We live in a good time. Keep looking up for our redemption is near! :)
Comments
Life just never gets too, too easy for long does it? Glad we know where our ulitmate Help lies....and that the best is yet to come! Hope you can catch some rest this weekend. ~Jenn