Skip to main content

Phone Pics and Non House Stuff....

We went to the zoo the other week.  

The safari Jeep in the hands on building....

One of the finer moments in a baking Friday.  I came upstairs to find this going on. 



Mathias' gift for number 2 day. 

Destroying as always!  

Staying "waream"....translated warm. 


 We are on the count down to moving!  A week from now we will be gearing up to be out of here!  My sister Shilah is flying in the 24th to help us for 4 days and we hope to make  much progress in getting settled over there.
     Our lives are very busy.  Last week was full of adventure.  Some not so nice.  Some really nice.  The roof Matt had going last week turned out to be much messier and bigger than he thought and it was 2 hours from home.  We saw him in tiny little bits  at bedtime.  And on Thursday we actually ate supper together!  After supper he left to work on the house and  ended up chasing the neighbors cows around for two hours.  And finally got them back in soon after 10 pm.   Saturday Matt and his brothers and Dad got the siding up and partially painted.  So we saw Matt on Saturday too.
      Thursday night through Sunday we had 2 girls living with us!  I'm converted.  Girls just "get" house work better.  Sadly true.  So I put my newly acquired daughters to work and boy did we get things done!  They're 10 and 12 and they can move mountains if they want too.  Their parents took some business vehicles to the next state for repair and so we got to keep them for the weekend.  They went home exhausted.  Thank you so much Kaitlyn and Amanda.  Mathias called them Bird and Jamie.....not sure where the Jamie came from.  The boys LOVED having big sisters....they were terribly exhausted by last night too.
    Sunday dinner was at Grandpa's for a big family birthday dinner.  Mathias loved blowing the candles out once again.  And we had a lot of fun watching Rach try to blow hers out.  After lunch we came home and more guests came for a bit before church.  We were greatly encouraged and had a wonderful little hour and a half visit with them.  God keeps popping wonderful people into our lives and we've been so encouraged by them.  We love meeting other couples striving on for what matters in life and having the same goals we do.  Life's good.
     This week is cleaning week at the house....as well as lots of little touching up painting and trim work.  Two of Matt's aunts are coming to clean with me Tuesday morning.  So anyone local wanting to clean this week?  I'll be there scrubbing away......    This week I'm praying for a big big thing.  And I suppose it's selfish.  But I'm asking God to figure out how we can get the appraiser guy done with his job and Matt done with his stuff before the appraiser....and that the living room remodel could be done before next Wednesday! I know I'm unrealistic.  But God doesn't mind unrealistic prayers.  Sometimes he makes them real.   And anyhow, by praying I'm relinquishing my control issues and remembering to thank God for all the help we've gotten and how blessed we are to have this place in the first place.
    So ta ta for now.  See you over at the other house if we get internet access.....  Have a blessed week!

Comments

Arla said…
Let's see, how could I get down there for two of your four days! hmmm! So glad you get Shilah. I was going to do that, help you move. So glad Shilah can do this. Please have a good time just as if I were there. :)
Anonymous said…
Yes, I've been missing your last few posts. Love your bright happy kitchen, and Happy Birthday to your littlest man. I don't think he could get any cuter! I am excited about your irons in the fire, but I do hope that soon you can be settled and relax a little more. :-)
~Jenn

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....