Skip to main content

A Sunday Afternoon Post....

This feels rather nice. I haven't sat down here to blab on my blog on a Sunday afternoon for a long time.  All summer long it was all about moving and the house.  So now we're moved.  Internet back up.  Which is okay.  But I liked not having it too for a couple weeks.  We still have lots and lots and lots more to do but we are all moved from the old place now and I can work on these things for the next 39 years....or however many years God gives me.
    It's very cleansing to move.  I'm going to try to live as if I'm moving all the time.  At least when it comes to cleaning and organizing.  I've discovered cleaning is done it layers.  I think I knew it before but it's amazing how fast those layers of dirt build up. So I have big fantastic plans not to let so many layers build up.  I've been buying hampers that fit our needs.  Baskets and Hooks to help us put away and hang up.  Everything I put away I'm trying to put away so it's useful but easy to put back.  And if I can't put it back, then it clutters. And if I have to put it back in a complicated way then we won't ever use it because it's so well stored.  So moral of the story is to not store so effectively it can't be useful but store simply and small enough it can be pulled out and used and put back easily.  And if that doesn't happen...ship it off to goodwill or the landfill.  So there's my motto.  Hold me to it. :) Here's a disclaimer:  Some houses are just too tiny for such wonderful ideals.  Mine isn't.  The boys have a lot to learn.....  me too. :)
                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  This morning in Sunday School Class I read again how, Saul got up and did the first thing.    I'm hiding behind my man right now.  Because I don't even know what the first thing is to do. But so I'm trusting he does....and just doing what he tells me.  And for me right now it's one school day at time, and one box at a time from the pile downstairs, and it's looking for the little things to be thankful to God about.  Because I could really go crazy if I tried to see the whole picture.
    The dark of winter is coming.  I haven't conquered the dark completely.  But it hasn't consumed me yet either.  I'm really thankful for that.  I feel like a fragile kitten....   God says that HIS strength is made perfect in my weakness.  I hope that is true. One winter God gave me hymn after hymn to sing in my head in the night when I was awake.     I don't know what it might be this winter but I am VERY thankful I have more than research and my brain to fall back on!
                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Zerrick is in the living room snickering to himself as he reads.   I just made popcorn.  Mathias is awake and doesn't like the feeling of waking up from a Sunday afternoon nap.  It's getting dark already....time change.  This week we're going out for supper one night, working on the basement,  doing school, and being thankful.  One of these days we'll rip the wall out in the living room and the ugly  brown carpet.  Until then we'll be busy.  Have a good week.
   

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just now read this. So glad you are in your house and maybe you won't feel quite so driven to accomplished so much in such a short time. Little by little, inch by inch!
I hope this is your best winter yet.
Love you! ~Jenn

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....