Skip to main content

Small Pleasures

    We've been sick this past week.  And today started to feel rather yucky too. So after a morning out working in the aggressive Nebraska wind, I felt I needed to create some spots of joy inside the house.  All the while my hard working man kept fighting the wind and dirt till well past dark.  He created a lot more order out there but I didn't get pictures of it all.  It turned out to be a beautiful Saturday at home. 
     
 I am really aware of how nice we have things and trying to put each thing into my memory and thank God for them....really treasure them.  When the news isn't so nice and there are so many unknowns around, it makes me stop and really get a perspective on what really matters.  So here are my little spots of joy for today that God gave us.  Thank you God.  


We plan to remodel the living room soon. And this wall is coming out. But today I could not bare to look at it blank ANYMORE!!!  So I dug around the basement and found this crate. 


I took my unfinished coffee table and brought it back to the center of the living room.  Went outside and brought in a hollow honey bee frame.  And found misc. treasures about the house to fill it with. The little basket has little cars and such for the littles to play with. 



Matt went grocery shopping tonight while I did dishes.  Thanksgiving Day  and long winter nights are coming  right up! 

Scuze the carpet......



The boy with the jeans with holes in the knees is mine too. He spent the day complaining of being cold and bored and not feeling well.  But he felt well enough to go lay on the basement couch and listen to a bunch of the football game.  Poor boy!  No wonder he felt foggy!   Actually, it will be nice to have this crud stuff over with before Thanksgiving Day.    And so there's my spots of peace and beauty!  Come see us anytime.  ~amy

Comments

Evie said…

Home is where the heart is. Love the pretty things and the family joys that surround it.
Arla said…
Amy, I really liked this post. Neat stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

In My Worship Place

Last time I posted I mentioned being in a quiet spot.      It's curious to me how one can be in a quiet spot internally but super busy externally and then be in a quiet season externally but Internally be in a season of seeking and crying and lonely.      Zerrick and Susanna's reception in our yard is over and my many siblings showing up for us was a cherry on top.   It felt like a relaxed good reception and I spent most of it watching people and listening in on little groups of chatter.      And then the twelve hours with my siblings on Saturday.  God worked it out so I could have tiny little snitches of chat that I could be assured that I got the most of the gift of them even being here.        We all stood around and prayed and cried and sobbed together for a short time before Bruce's left.  Healing.  I still feel emotional about it.  And now it's qu...

A few things...

Okay, I have a whole pile of pictures I'm going to post one of these days. In the mean time....a few more questions to add to my last post.... 1. What do people mean when they say things like, " He/she spoke peace/ blessing/ love/truth or whatever into my heart? How does one get truth spoke into ones heart by another person? Okay, now I expect to hear someone defend themselves for saying this or else clarify to me why it sounds so off the wall......no reading this w/out some input! 2. What else? I was asking about what does it mean to have deeper relationship w/ God. So everyone said ya that's a good thing to desire. Here's my thought. You either have a relationship w/ God or you don't. So then who decides if it's a deeper relationship than....see how can you know? Can you compare? That won't work because God doesn't work like that....putting us on brackets of who is most spiritual. The only way you can use the term in having a deeper relationship w/ Go...

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.