Skip to main content

Wisconsin weekend....

Games of course

Trains.

Calvin and Hobbs..... 

This train was his size...he loved it.

The almost twins.  They got a long very well I thought.  They had to establish their boundaries now and then but it was fun to watch. 

Listening to something.  Brad got some nice practice in doing things below his dignity.  

This is just to prove a good picture of Matt and I can't be taken....or something.   I look like my  Aunts.....hmmm....

Keagan sat here watching him play angry birds for a nice long time....

The rat is just a toy.  Asher is about the happiest baby ever.


I was enjoying some of Arla's  brown stuff.  When I get big I'm going to have a crock of brown wooden spoons and big tall salt and pepper sets.  

Look! A picture of us five girls!  I really like this cozy corner.   Arla and I got to sit by the fire place and talk for two hours without interruptions.  Amazing! 


He loves loves babies. 
And I don't even have a picture on here of the wood stove we went to pick up.  Neither do I have a picture of Arla and Elv .  How silly.  The boys were very much themselves and felt right at home there.....I know because they fought and all that as if they were home.  They are never that relaxed in Idaho.....
    We had a wonderful time up north and were very glad to be home. Today, life is as real as ever.  School and teaching values to my boys is just as challenging today.  Thinking up meals and cleaning  the kitchen over and over is happening as usual.
   I am still trying to figure out how to bake gluten free.  I don't like corn tortillas so today I tried to make tortilla's out of other flours.  I would deem them a success.  Still wishing for a pizza crust that is good but I have too high of expectations for that  I believe.  Keagan just asked me again this morning if he has to eat gluten free the rest of his life.  I told him he could have a piece of bread with gluten if he wanted it.  He just shook his head.  He's not brave enough because he's so absolutely sick of ouchy tummies.  He's freaked out about a lot of food.  If I can just keep him  on normal plain meat and potato meals, we can fatten him up and hopefully he'll get braver.
       

Comments

Wanda said…
this sounds like when we go to Mary's house.:) Older sisters are quite special.I hope the gluten free gets easier. Sara has a host of wonderful ideas and recipes.
On the Hill said…
Ivan says its ok to look like your aunts...just get over it!! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....