God is giving us one last winter hurrah! The snow is beautiful. Especially as everything was quite muddy and ugly. The snow is covering up my little tulip and daffodil plants that were bravely coming through. They will be strong and come through even faster once this snow melts away.
Matt is out and about today clearing church parking lots and such. Our church was cancelled today because of the snow and wind. It feels like a normal day here....not a Sunday by any means. The dishes still needed done and the floors still needed cleaned and the boys still needed naps. Just another day at our house. Tonight Matt will go Lincoln to push snow all night. And we will all sleep in our own cozy beds here at home and keep the fire going. I think I get the better end of the deal this time!
My mom is on her way home from the hospital today. Now she can settle in at home and get her second hip replacement healed up and then I hope she can enjoy these new hips for a few years. It is good to feel good and I think she's anxious to feel good again. I am anxious for her to feel good as well. I feel a little sentimental today.....If I didn't live so far away I would pop in for coffee and visits and try to gain as much perceptive and memories as possible .
I remember when mom was 45 and taking turns with her sisters, going to help grandma every week. We'd go along and mow the grass and have cold drinks out on the back deck. I remember one visit Dan Byler and his wife Julia were visiting there and we girls were serving drinks on the back deck. We offered Julia(was that her name?) more drink and she held out her glass and said in her delicious accent, " Only hauf please." We had so much fun with that for the rest of the summer. "Hauf a cup please." And those summers Grandpa would come home from wherever he went, with those nut roll candy bars for us. Sometimes it was the Almond Joy candy bar and that was way better.
Anyhow, I'm not 45 and taking turns with my sisters to help my mom yet, but I think it would be fun to spend one day a week visiting her on her back deck. Mom has incredible flower beds. When I grow up I'm going to have flower beds like hers....and a back deck to drink tea on with my kids and friends.
In the mean time..... We'll get through our last snow(hopefully) for the season and get on with spring! And I'll come out for tea on your back deck yet, Mom!
Matt is out and about today clearing church parking lots and such. Our church was cancelled today because of the snow and wind. It feels like a normal day here....not a Sunday by any means. The dishes still needed done and the floors still needed cleaned and the boys still needed naps. Just another day at our house. Tonight Matt will go Lincoln to push snow all night. And we will all sleep in our own cozy beds here at home and keep the fire going. I think I get the better end of the deal this time!
My mom is on her way home from the hospital today. Now she can settle in at home and get her second hip replacement healed up and then I hope she can enjoy these new hips for a few years. It is good to feel good and I think she's anxious to feel good again. I am anxious for her to feel good as well. I feel a little sentimental today.....If I didn't live so far away I would pop in for coffee and visits and try to gain as much perceptive and memories as possible .
I remember when mom was 45 and taking turns with her sisters, going to help grandma every week. We'd go along and mow the grass and have cold drinks out on the back deck. I remember one visit Dan Byler and his wife Julia were visiting there and we girls were serving drinks on the back deck. We offered Julia(was that her name?) more drink and she held out her glass and said in her delicious accent, " Only hauf please." We had so much fun with that for the rest of the summer. "Hauf a cup please." And those summers Grandpa would come home from wherever he went, with those nut roll candy bars for us. Sometimes it was the Almond Joy candy bar and that was way better.
Anyhow, I'm not 45 and taking turns with my sisters to help my mom yet, but I think it would be fun to spend one day a week visiting her on her back deck. Mom has incredible flower beds. When I grow up I'm going to have flower beds like hers....and a back deck to drink tea on with my kids and friends.
In the mean time..... We'll get through our last snow(hopefully) for the season and get on with spring! And I'll come out for tea on your back deck yet, Mom!
Comments