Skip to main content

Life is Funny...

But it's good.
  The last month has been a weird blur.  My niece came to help and live here for the summer and brought with her some sort of amazing head virus.  So we did that virus and got it done.
    Before that we went to Indiana for a nephews wedding.
      Matt put a bedroom of sorts down the basement.
      Our garden got HUGE and full of weeds.
       We're almost done canning green beans this summer already.
       We have grass growing now instead of mud.  We're ready to tackle the next big eyesore outside.
        I was terribly terribly sick for two whole weeks.  But in that time my baby started rolling and swimming so I knew all was well for it.  We finally got to see my doctor on Tuesday.  She helped me figure out my dilemma.  It was an overdose of liquid iron, that nasty head virus, a b vitamin deficiency, and low hemoglobin combination.  Silly me.  The baby was just fine....God makes so the baby gets all the good stuff but I get really really low.  I'm beginning to really love Omega's and B Vitamins.  Amazing how much better I am thinking.
    Strangest things to happen this week was to find out we're to have a baby GIRL!  I'm still shaking my head in wonder.  Not sure what I'm gonna do.  Like who's gonna comb hair and  sew dresses and  buy pretty girly stuff?  I'm ten years into this boy thing now, how will I ever switch over anyhow!:)  They tell me It will all be fine.  I suppose it will.  I mean what girl won't love playing with tractors and mud and frogs and balls and bats?  Because there is not much around here for pink...a doll or two for the guests but nothing play housey.  We should be fine with the drama stuff.  Mathias kind of has that down pat.  It really can't get much more up and down around here than his ups and downs can it???!!!! :)
     And the most fun thing to happen!  This morning I got a text from my very own mother mine and she says they are on their way rejoicing!  They talked about coming a long time ago but it didn't seem to be working out.  And so now I guess it all of a sudden is working out after all.  And they are on the road as we speak.  So pray they arrive safely and hopefully we get to see them by tomorrow night!  I am excited. I can't remember when they were here last.  4 years?  Anyhow, we're gonna soak it up.
      So my life is either up or down.   I'm gonna enjoy the ride while I feel good.  It is amazing to feel good.  

Comments

Jenn said…
How wonderful that you get to look forward to your parent's visit - yes you just soak it up! And how you make me chuckle about the girl thing.....yes I can see you shaking your head. I think God has a lovely sense of humour! :-) Can't wait to talk about our girls, as well as the boys! :-)
(PS So glad to hear you feel better!)
Anonymous said…
I drank coffee with your sister today. :) And I heard that your parents are on their way to Nebraska. Congratulations on Baby Girl. I think that's just wonderful. You'll do the pink and the dolls just FINE. Blessings. ~Luci~
Arla said…
"Life is either up or down." I love that statement. Come to think of it, anything between would be boring!
Evie said…
I am so glad you are feeling better!! A girl? I am intrigued like you are. Another side of you and Matt that we have not seen yet. So glad Mom and Dad are there. Life is so precious when their is love around.
Shilah Writes said…
Amy, I am the one squealing about the girl! I love you and am praying about all your yucky stuff. I hope you feel better soon

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....