Skip to main content

Week 33.....Tired of Pregnancy Lament.

We're on the count down!  Baby girl is making me tired and done.  My  nurse says three more weeks and they'll let me have the baby at my little local hospital.  So I am moving slow and waiting and making as many mile markers for myself as possible.  My mile marker today is just to get through today.  And then the weekend.  And then school and deep cleaning next week.  And then extended Burkey reunion next weekend and then my 35 week appt.  and then .......I just keep making mile markers.  Otherwise I go crazy.   I marvel at all the women who do pregnancy like its a treat.  It's very hard work.  And it's special. And I'm so glad most women can enjoy it.  What I'm looking forward to is getting the pregnancy done and getting on with life! :)

So my to do list:

  •  Get cradle out.
  •  Wash up my few items of pink                          
  • Get carseat cleaned
  • Go shopping for a few special pink stuff       
  • Pack all our bags eventually
In the mean time, there is a to do list that looks more like this: 
  • Wash down all fly specky walls
  • Paint both bathrooms
  • Finish painting laundry room
  • Wash the windows that bug me
  • Scrub oven (market is done for me!!!!)
  • Scrub and wax floors(market is done for me!!!)
  • Dig potatoes
  • clean out flower beds and gardens
  • Organize basement once again.
  • Go through games and toys and throw lots
And realistically?  I will only get done with a list that looks like this
  • Do School every day
  • Do laundry weekly
  • Do meals daily
  • Hug my babies and read stories daily
  • Sweep floors occasionally
  • Get the baby stuff ready
  • Do reunions and social obligations
  • Light my candles and pretend the dirt's not there
And then....the baby will be here and it won't matter anymore.  We'll just live one day at a time. And oh, we can't forget that I will eat 1 slice of pecan and 1 slice of pumpkin pie as soon as possible after the baby is born. And I will have my pumpkin lattes again.  And then when I start to feel all shaky sick from the sugars I will stop the sugar and flour inhaling and eat healthy again.  Gestational diabetes makes one eat very much protein and veggies and makes one very skinny.  I shall be thin when this baby is born.  Every day the scale goes down.  I officially weigh less than when I got pregnant.  Granted, I was quite a bit overweight but still.....  I just want to feel Good she says in a wail!!!!!!!!    So that's my lament.  
     God is good and has been very good to me.  People have been kind to me and helpful.  The fall weather is amazing and perfect.  My husband takes care of me very much.   The dark behind my eyes is only my time of life.  I'm sure the sun is shining brightly out there.  Today I will choose to  only look for the sunshine.  

Comments

Jenn said…
When I started reading your to do list - painting and all that, I was thinking, O Amy, please don't be trying to do all that now! Then you had a realistic list and I was like YES, that's it! :-) Oh how well I know the push to "get everything done" before baby arrives, but really, is it worth it? The fly specks can wait a few months and you just REST all that you CAN and forget the big projects!
I wish I could go pink shopping with you, what fun! I am collecting a few girly things to mail you...hopefully I can get a box off in the next couple weeks. I am so excited! It's been too long since we've talked. Thinkin boutchya. Love and prayers!
Anonymous said…
Looks normal, be sure to have the boys do the work of digging and picking up the potatoes. You need only be out there and boss and show them how wonderful the fresh air is and how wonderful the outside is and how rich we can grow our own potatoes! ~ Mom
Gina said…
Love your reality list! I made a huge list of things I want to do before baby (I have a few more weeks then you) but my husband looked at the list and laughed. He said that there was only one thing I needed to do - go to the store and buy a pack of pampers! All else doesn't really matter.

But it doesn't make me quit hoping to get some things done!
Gina

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....