Skip to main content

Catch up

Two weeks ago we had a baby shower/ surprise birthday party in the back yard for my dear friends. 

I had a lot of help and easy access to old doors and such because of this old place.


I wanted to document that ^^^  before time flew on and I couldn't remember it all!  Thank you Kaitlyn for sharing your pictures!
    On Mother's Day we had a nice big Tornado tear through our area and so the yard and gardens looked like they needed a lot of help but we had our party anyhow!
    The night before the party some relatives from Oregon arrived and stayed for most the week and so we had lots of late nights and much activity going on.

One of the many thing storms and tornadoes do..

Exhausted boy sleeps in strange positions! 

These two always had plenty to discuss and argue over.  They played hard and fought hard.....

I think maybe my kids have strange down, but it's kind of a little overwhelming to other people?! :)

And now we're gearing up for a weekend in WI for Frank and Josh's wedding.  I'm really telling myself that soon we will stop the train so we can get off.
      Other life moments going on:   Mathias' last two top front teeth are hurting him, so today Matt took him to the dentist.  It hurts my heart to see him in pain and to have to lose those front teeth.  I keep telling myself that when he's 14 and more good looking than any young man should be allowed to be, I will forgive myself and be able to forget this agony.  Just a little note......NEVER drink orange juice or allow your child to drink it.  I am sure I've spent thousands on orange juice by the time I get done fixing my kid's teeth.
     My Jeanie Bops is growing up!  She's seven months old and knows how to communicate quite well.  This week she let me know that sitting in a high chair and  being allowed to eat real food is now part of her daily requirements.  So much for me thinking I get to be her all in all.  I'm really  not complaining ....just sentimental that nursing is about over....
     We are enjoying summer vacation to the max.
~ Last week we bought ANOTHER puppy.  Wonder how long we get to keep this one?  She's a black lab and soft hearted and gentle so far.  We're hoping to keep her that way.
~We're enjoying our sleeping in/ non scheduled life.
~VBS starts next week already!
~Farmers Market is in full swing and making me exhausted.


And now I'm off to sort through clothes and get ready for a little trip.  It's suppose to rain sometime today so that saves me a guilt trip about all the outside projects to get done.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....