Aw well, what a mixed up pile of pictures. And they're only phone pictures and the mess I had getting them from there to here is ridiculous. Definitely not very techy, this girl. So the first three... We went to Kansas last weekend in a fit of escaping for a bit. We drove in the rain all around Tuttle Lake, learning some interesting history about it and ended our day at a Holiday Inn for the night and supper at a steak place of some sort. The town of Manhattan, Kansas is a sweet town for a quick get away. On Sunday morning we visited a musty little old Mennonite church with a woman preaching for us that morning. Wonder why they still hold the Mennonite name on their sign? In these little churches we visit here and there across Nebraska we always find old community and connections of some sort.
These old buildings and little experiences off the beaten path have been good experiences for our kids. For one thing they hold more dear the good things we believe and get to see outside the box and learn.
 |
| I just love his eyes. So innocent and so sparkly. |
 |
| Eating out that evening.... |
At the park Sunday afternoon we bumped into a religious family with a pile of kids. They looked conservative with longs skirts and hair and all that. The lady and I had a very fun chat comparing notes. She was raised in Wisconsin and missed the trees and the water and the clear air of the north like I do. So I finally asked what religion they were, (I could tell she had a relationship with God). So they were traditional Catholic. I definitely see why we traditional Mennonites get the bad rap of being Catholic like. I would like to defend traditional Mennonites in the circles we run in for being more Biblical. We do look like a works religion as do the Catholics BUT the huge difference is Jesus is our saviour and our works are a result of our love for God ( or it SHOULD be) ! The Catholics do good works to get back to God from the fall. That's really confusing to me as Jesus came and died for us for that reason! It's already done. Their is nothing righteous enough that we can do that ever makes us good enough! We just aren't. But Christ in us makes us clean before God again! Praise the Lord! Also, living the lifestyle I live isn't for the sake of Mennonitism but for the sake of living a pure life because of Christ in me. Mennonites are the closest community group to what I believe is a pure life. But there's a ditch on either side and Mennonites and Catholics can fall off on either side. Most of all turn your eyes on Jesus. And keep them there. And by the way, community is wonderful. And I've found a lovely wide conglomeration of people who make up my community of friends. We have rich lives. I want my kids to see that and understand it. .... Back to random pictures now......

 |
| Nasty picture but it's real life. She's all wholesome and big eyed and aggressive as this picutre. |
 |
| Ice. It must feel good on those eye teeth? |
 |
| She likes to dig pans out of my cupboard and this time she was dancing on it. She loves to dance, with her arms in the air and take sloppy thumpy circles. |
 |
| And she sleeps totally relaxed. |
 |
| A selfie of us. |
 |
| A cold clear evening on Anita's deck while the guys worked on Pete's new shed. |
 |
| Two very pretty mischievous brown eyed girls! |
 |
| A saturday in spring to work at home....ice tea and cookies on the deck. |
 |
| Coming home from a walk on our flat prairie roads. This is my view of our house. |
 |
| Our walk, with these four. We are so enjoying our summer without baking. I'm taking walks with the kids in the evening and having camp fires....... |
 |
| She has to be watched, campfires aren't dangerous in her mind. |
 |
| I guess she doesn't remember the Fridays of pulling out the mixer for market baking. This was an awesome novelty for her. |
 |
| Trying to appreciate my mint garden tea on a cold morning. Coffee speaks a lot louder..... |
 |
| Campfire evening again.... |
 |
| Our little escape to Kansas again. The ditch flowers there are amazing and gave me that deep joy and even more was watching Matt picking the flowers for me! Some guys in a big ole chevy truck were slowing down to help us along the side of the road. When they saw Matt picking flowers they sped off .....a couple farm boys with bill caps....they probably thought he was senile and crazy. They just don't know things! |
 |
The foggy day of driving around.......The big bridge....
So that's the end of my randomness. Summer and all the stuff that goes with it is here! Ta Ta. |
Comments