Skip to main content

It's a Friday....

I woke up this morning before 7 and thought my day was going to be pretty simple and cut and dried. 
 And then we started talking about the things that stress marriages. 
Like money and budgeting and landscaping and broken fridges and broken dressers. 
 And so we got up and made coffee and Jeanie Bops woke up and snuggled and smiled for us and enjoyed toast and conversation with us, and  so the day began.

  And now the list just got long.
  But I found the papers I needed to sign for our next school year! 
 I was worried about what I did with them. 
 And it felt like God found them for me.
  I had just told Matt 20 min before, " I have to find those papers"  and I came to the desk to get a out a notebook and they were there!  PTL
.  One less stress to worry over! 

School starts in a little over a month! 
This summer is flying by.  
We still need to figure out what corner of the house is going to be our school corner now that the basement has been made into bedroom and bathroom space.  
  Today, we are going to tackle the basement and see if we can't find a corner down there.  Close to the fire place.  We live down there a lot in the winter.

We're unpacked from our trip.
What a nice trip East.  
We were in Maryland at a reunion.
It's a dying thing because everyone's getting older and so many of the first cousins have their own lives to live.
But we had a good good time with the ones who were there! 
On the Friday before, we got to go to see old friends from long ago Bible School days, Andrew and Steph Barnhart, and the Allegheny Boys Camp they supervise at.  
That was a major high light for us!  Such a fun short good visit.  

But Midwest is Best.  There are so very many people in eastern USA.  We might have too much corn and too much Monsanto and too much prairie but I'll take it.  Our world is teeming with unredeemed people and out there, there is so many of them!  This is just an opinion of course!  We're all like animals in a cage really.  Waiting for the redemption of our souls.  Even so come Lord Jesus!

Our July looks packed.
Our weekend will start with a cook out at the neighbors house.
The fourth will be working on things here and ending the day with birthday cake for Z and fire works in Friend.  By the way locals,  Fire works in Friend are way better.
And the rest of the month will be beginning to harvest my garden and soaking up summer fun as much as possible.....in between the intense busy times.
I'm trying to squeeze all the moments.
There will be one new niece to hug soon and another great niece that I haven't seen much of
lately.  I hope to remedy that.


Ta ta. 


Comments

Gina said…
Why is it that your marriage stress list looks so similar to mine?

And how fun that you could connect with Andrew and Steph and camp. We sure have fun with them on our camp visits.
Gina

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....