Summer time can be pretty awesome.
Getting a whole entire hour crawling along the rows in the garden weeding, on a lovely evening during sunset, with out any other human around is therapy.
Being married to a kind man, who loves his kids and people in general and loves me is rather amazing too.
Seeing again, how abrupt and unkind I can be up against how kind he can be makes me want to try harder.
My dad did several things right. One of them was choosing to forgive and forget. But in the mean time, he also was brave enough to discuss the hard things of life with people. That's a quality one doesn't pick up and use very often. They should.
If there is one thing every new wife should know, it's that her happiness is not going to be gotten from that good new husband. But that's almost impossible to tell. It's a life of living. But a man doesn't want that load. He fell in love with the girl who was centered and founded in her relationship with God. Keep it centered girl. (my own lesson to me throughout our 15 years of marriage)
. We all being Christ followers have a ministry. But some people's ministry is quiet and unobtrusive and daily grind. And I wonder about those good folks who go on year after year. I admire those ones. They're the ones I really want to talk with over a hot cup of coffee and ask them the questions of life and hear their wisdom. We all want to be needed and we all want to be involved in ministry of some sort. We want a purpose. So all you daily grind folks? Don't kid yourself. You ARE doing a ministry in what you do everyday. Maybe it isn't noticed out loud very often but little ole me is noticing if that helps. Anyhow, God knows. That's all that matters.
(those thoughts were a result of looking at my friend's pictures pinned on my line on the wall and noting what each of those families are involved in and realizing we all want to have a well to dig.)
Being in my last year of the 30's I am becoming introspective. And I'm digging in my heels. I'm not going to crash into the 40's and get to 50 and feel like I blinked and missed it all. From watching my sisters, 40 to 50 looks to be a crashy kind of amazey ten years. But it's the ten years where I will have my four cherubs still be mine and beginning to leave our nest. Goal: Live healthy. Get Sleep. Slow life down. Prioritize. BE encouraging. BE thankful. LOVE on my people. Drink all 8 oz. every day!
And lastly, Darkness can NEVER over power the Light of God. Can't. God IS Light.
Comments
Deborah H