Skip to main content

Z birthday.


My first born turned 13 this week.  We now have a teenager in the house!  What a fun stage of parenting!  We get the best of both worlds right now.  Toddlers all the way up to teenagers.  
We  invited a pile of boys 8 years and up  to play ball on his birthday.  Every one we invited came! 
There were several boys missing from this picture.  Oh but they had so much fun.  
We played two short games and they were all good sports about the score,.  Such good fun kids!  
Gone are the days of cakes in the shape of fire engines.  Now he just wants chocolate cake and blows the candles because he was being kind to his mom.

His voice is deep.  He looks down at me when we're standing beside each other.  He goes through food and clothes like nobody's business.  He keeps the yard and garden and animals cared for nicely. And of course  he dreams about hunting, and fishing, and the next ball game and who plays for the Huskers and  all the technical facts about every sport every where.  And I roll my eyes and ask him how that gives him life skills.  I should tell him that I'm secretly pretty happy that he's a typical boy and if he just keeps his interests right there for the next 7 years or so that'll be good! :)
   His best quality by far is his honesty with life.  He's not sensitive conscience honest.  He's just a regular kid who hates secrecy.  I love that.  Now if I can just get him to care about  details and excellence in the school work I will feel like we've accomplished things! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....