Skip to main content

A walk around our seven acres

This morning I took a long stroll around our seven acres for my own satisfaction. After a crazy weekend of unexpected business I couldn't pass up the late cool moring given to me.  Zerrick very responsibly went down to his Math and Keagan found a book to finish and the other two found the swing and hammock.  And I spent an uninterupted half hour.  Maybe this estate seems messy and overgrown to some people but to me it feels safe and a sweet haven.  And it is messy that's true.  But life is messy when there is so much life to live.  
I started out at the front of the house.  Because that is where we had our coffe this morning, me and the kids. 
There is a trail back to this little dark burrow.  Animals have the best places.  And I felt very beatrix potter finding this spot. 

 
Another little spot for fairy's and littles and creatures. 
My row of zinias and Cosmos turned into mostly a bed of weeds and cosmos.  I'm embracing the green. 
Curious nasty little goats.  They intently watched me come through the brambles and past their pen.  And then they softley baaed a greating.  For real.  Goats are funny. 
The boys have a well worn trail going through the back of the seven acres. 
This color is called Joy. 
I found a  whole tee shirt sack full of eggs.  Some of them from a hidden nest.  I heard loud protests from that steal. 
It they'd all just lay them where they belong. 
I have tomoatoes .  A lot of tomatoes.  A jungle of tomao plants.  I'll show you.....
More.  
The jungle is just on the other side of the sweet corn. 
More well worn trail. 
Old ford stuck in the weeds.  


Matt and the boys are working on a fence....slow but sure progress....
What a good life they live. 
A low growing carpet of weeds in the  woods. 
and here's the jungle I was talking of ....
Proud rooster....
Misc day lillies popped up unexpectedly and I kind of like them.
Happy  color. 
grumpy little hen kindly giving me eggs every day. 
My strawberry plants have been blooming all summer.... am I suppose to be doing something to make them grow and spread?
Popcorn.  Keagan and Mathias' pride and joy.  
We have pepper plants and peppers.  And body need any? 
Life of a mom of boys! 
Over grown messy pot of plants that make me happy. 
My joy color again.  

Comments

Luci Miller said…
I love these pictures of common everyday, beautiful things. I can see why you love your seven acres!
Shilah Writes said…
So much richness! Blessings for your week of preparation for travel.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....