One morning this past week I was working at the computer when I heard Jeanie screaming this really wild scream. And I smelled something. I ran. She had crawled up onto the counter by the burning candle with her favorite blanket. It was on fire and the box of Kleenex was on fire and it was all flaming up around her arm and face and hair. And she just sat there and screamed! So I did all the right stuff to get it out including doing some of my own screaming. And all was well. Except for her favorite blanket. So last night I was shoveling through my sewing stuff and I found these two garage sale pieces of fabric. So today we have a new awesome blanket that she is thrilled with! Never mind it's frogs and tadpoles! It's totally her. And I'm thankful for a house and a whole girl. Angels are definitely on high alert at this house! Thank you God!
Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.
Comments