Skip to main content

January Life

We had some fun encouraging supper guests the other evening.  They were so kind to let me take a picture! 
My morning view to go along with my coffee.  
My evening view that depresses me about every evening.  Always supper dishes .  But this supper was the most delicious pile of carbs anywhere!  And salad of course! 
He's enjoying his learning to read.
School days after Christmas vacation can be hard!  But we're getting more use to it again! 
One morning he'd been banging on the piano.  And then it fell silent. I found him here.  He told me this long story about how he hadn't slept and how one leg or another had been hurting.  He's been playing hockey a lot.....
A pizza supper we all  made together.   It was good! 
Just trying to get through those lectures.....
A new toy... a pour over ...


If you could live the life you dream of what would it be like?  Mine would  include a small little clean cottage with tall trees all around.  And green grass and flowers every.  It would have chickens for eggs.  A cow for milk and both of those animals for meat.  It would have a fresh water spring pond to swim in.  And fish from.  In the house it would have the basics and an underground root cellar.  It would have all my kids and husband to live with.  We would have whole walls full of books. We would have a constant flow of people coming and going to visit with and just the right amount of troubles to keep us real and humble. I would have a smallish church to go to where the ministry would speak about the simple love of Jesus.  It would  have work for my husband where he'd work his 40 hours and spend the rest with us.  In my perfect world, I would have time to exercise.  I would always know what words to say to encourage.  I would be aware of world events but calm in my soul because I would be so founded in my God.   I would be brave to reach the hurts around me better.  I would FIX the hurts!   And I would most of all love on my kids and husband better.  The life I have really is a gift.  I already have a lot of these things....with room to grow.  Purpose to live!

 Disclaimer:  I don't have a cow for milk nor a spring fed pond.  Our pond is full of algae and frogs.  But the kids have been playing hockey on it ....   And ya...it's not a perfect world.  Heaven will be.

Oh and my kids wouldn't fight.  I just heard this awful screech and Mom., Jeanie bited me....and then....oh boy...better run. 

Comments

Shilah Writes said…
Yup, the trick is to learn to like what you already have...
And... As long as we are in the flesh, placed on this earth, we will have sorrow and trials. Its a promise from Jesus. But...it means you are following Him if you face those things. You are a TRUE follower of Christ if you are mistreated, persecuted, sneered at and rejected by men...
In the meantime we are comforted with the PEACE that passed all understanding.
Best foot forward and all that...spit spot..carry on. 🙏❤😕

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....