I just read the book today called The Giver by Lois Lowry. Did you ever read it? It was about a community created that wanted calm and predictability. In the process they eliminated color, pleasure, pain and choice. And more of course. And if you didn't fit the standard you were released to Elsewhere. (Killed). It sounds like a silly choice of reading, I know. But it makes one think.
I've been kind of not really liking the color in my life lately. But without the color what do we have? Can one have joy without sorrow? Pleasure without first knowing pain? Choices? We don't choose bad things. But would we know good without the bad? Love. What would that even be if we didn't have choice and pain and feeling.
The thing of it is, is that God created us as beings to bring Him glory. By choice. And He draws us with Love. God is a God with intricate order and design. Amd He's got it. I can go through all the colors of life because He designed me for it, for His glory. Pleasures and pains. I'll take them both..... because I can choose. Thank you God! Whatever Will heaven be like? Creation is amazing. Heaven must be awesome.
Comments
Gina