Skip to main content

About life

   It's a beautiful rainy day and I've had two hours of quietness while the kids sleep in.  School is done.  Summer vacation time is happening for real.  It is absolutely lovely.
     I just want to share today a little peek about what comfort and blessing and truth God has reassured me of lately.  
1, God's word is Truth. I had lost track of that for a bit. 
2, I can whole heartedly believe God's truth.  I'm a critical reader so I tend to hesitate to believe everything I read, hear or see.  With what God says though, I can believe.
3,. Believing gives so much peace.  There are so many avenues for things to believe about ones self.  And I find that I begin to believe all the voices.  So believing what God says about me has brought so much assurance.   Satan brings so much fear and lies and condemnation.  But he's sneaky.  So his ways of bringing those lies to me are some times confusing.  And when I am not sinking my teeth into believing God's word and what God has to say I fall in the ditch of condemnation. 
4,  Doing my daily life in the knowledge and understanding of my past being under the blood and the lies Satan wants to bring to me are really lies, has totally given me so much air to breathe! 
5, How to know between Satan's lies and the Holy Spirit drawing me?  Satan brings condemnation, fear, confusion, and no redeeming possibilities.  The Spirit shows me life, not fear.  The Spirit shows me clear steps to redemption.  And God's word shows the black and white difference if I take time to study it. 
6, Living this Christian life doesn't have to be fearful and doubtful and treacherous.  It is vibrant! It is Freedom! It is full of clarity! It is sure steps because of Truth!  Dig guys.  Find the truth.  Live in it!  No one can take your crown! 

Comments

ourlittleheaven said…
needed this!!! :)
Farmerswife said…
Love this! This stuff is so painful to learn, but the intimacy it brings with Jesus is not something I ever want to lose!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....