Skip to main content

A Few Things

Life is full of complexities but I'm learning to choose things that make sense of the complex.  Like Love, Grace and Gratitude.  When you make room in your life for these things you actually have a life to look back on with no regrets.  Because of Jesus, I can have these things.  
Someone suggested Zerrick read the book, Unbroken.  I found it at the library and read it going to and from our weekend in Warsaw.  An excellent read about a most interesting man's story.  Several things in the book really impressed me: "Dignity is as essential to human life as water food and oxygen,  Degradation could be as lethal as a bullet."  And ^^^ the paragraph above.  When we think we must be vindicated or must have revenge we are chaining ourselves to our tormentors. At the end of the book Louie finds forgiveness for his past and a way to forgive his POW persecutors because of Jesus. And he ended up living a rich long full life.  "His conviction that everything happened for a reason, and would come to good, gave him a laughing equanimity even in hard times."     Reading this gives perspective to my piddling hard things in life! 
We just got  home from a fantastic weekend with friends we haven't seen for years and years.  We stopped in German Village in Columbus, Ohio on our way in to the event.  What a lovely little part of town.  I liked visiting it.  But I must say that Germans eat heavy and seem  to  have strong constitutions.  Imagine devouring great long sausages and cream filled croissants WHILE you bounce about to very LOUD polka music.  Oh my!   It was a great cultural experience at least.  I may look German as in short and squat but I think perhaps I do better on coffee and fish and chicken.  And please give me Mozart if I must have music to go along with my food.

Our weekend in Warsaw was perfect.  Till we got there I was uptight and nervous and wondered if we actually had planned and remembered everything we should have.  My sister Evie and niece Vicki kindly came to see me for an hour the next morning and chattered with me and brought a whole bunch of pizza's to share with us.  Having them pop in really helped me calm down and relax.  Thanks guys.  And then everyone else showed up and Matt and I found ourselves falling into the whole welcoming committee thing like nobody's business.  It's kind of like a dance we know well by now.  I must say we're pretty good at it too.  At least Matt is.  :)  Anyhow.

The weekend.  So many good little spots of talking with the girls.  And real life stuff.  The kids played so very very well together.  There were LOTS and LOTS of boys.  And they played softball endlessly.  Darla and Beth took over games and activities for the littles and oh my!  What a good job they did and helped ease my nerves.  That was one thing I totally dreaded doing and they did it with such ease.  Two ladies I'm so humbled to know.  They forever come along side me and just take care of the things I can't do well.  And they never tell me I'm being a pain, when I know I am.  So thankful for them.

Matt and I were so encouraged to see all the other couples doing life and even with all our different stories it was wonderful to see how the Body of Christ can work together and give room for all of our stories and differences.  It was just what we needed right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....