Skip to main content

What we've been up to

These pictures are completely backward.  
My baby girl turned four last week and now gets to go to Sunday School.  Here she is all dressed in her perfect little Mennonite little girl stuff and ready to start the whole Sunday school adventure! 


I was never going to allow cats in the house.  Hehe!  Not sure who I thought I was!  

Finally got that permit renewed....boot is off the broken leg and we can get back to regular programming with this one! 

Thank God for forgiving four year olds who think any birthday cake is good enough!  

Big brother overseeing the whole birthday gift thing.....

Most spoiled baby doll ever!  

She had so much fun on her birthday day......what could be better than cousins to fight and play with all day long?!






Nebraska sky.  



Jeanie and I flew to Idaho the end of October.  Here we are eating and getting ready for our flight home .  

We took a walk in the little piece of woods behind my parents new place.  Perfect little spot to walk and for the grands to run....  


Evie and Arla and I flew out to "help" mom and dad move to their new place.  Remind me never to do that again. 
It was rather wonderful to be part of the sister tribe with my parents but it was rather dreadful to be overwhelmed with trying to squish in so much in three days.  It was exceedingly overwhelming.  







This was probably one of the best moments of the whole trip!  We barely got started on catching up but it'd been way way too long!  I was WONDERFUL to see my old sister friend .  I lived at her house 20 years ago when I taught school in Idaho.  It's a wonder we're still friends!  HeHe! 



It blessed my soul to see Christian and Jeanie begin to tentatively get along!   At least she didn't wind up  and squish him and kiss him like his annoying aunty did!    

And this is where Jeanie and I stayed for four nights!  It was wonderfully cozy and comforting and perfect!  And one of those mornings Sharon totally put aside her crazy schedule and we got to settle all the deep issues of the world!  I told her that the 1000$ trip was worth it just to have had that good conversation with her!  Your heart is gold Sharon. 

Evie.  The one who hears it all and thinks it through and then says only the encouraging words.  Never mind setting the world straight!  She just goes on and keeps believing that God is up to something!  

Arla.  The one who's been there. Done that. in most every situation.  She's got a whole line of in laws and grand kids and a busy crazy schedule.  But she likes it!  I like how she thinks.  Or at least can relate to it.  

Idaho is filled to the brim with girl cousins!  So. many. girls.  It's quite amazing. 


Not sure my mother was too impressed with me taking pictures during church Sunday morning.  This is special to me and I will treasure these pictures.  What I'm really treasuring is the memory of sitting against mom's warm arm and feeling her bounce as she sings and soaking in her warm voice,  And feeling Dad shift and sniff  as he follows along or thinks of something in connection to the speaker.  You can tell he's thinking something by how he shifts.  It's a good warm memory for me.

On the way home from the airport we five sisters went into Olive Garden and all ordered the best things and started with a lovely mug of fresh coffee.  It was perfect.  Okay, April and Shilah.....Do you all see the whole big sister look on their faces?  me too.  hehe! 


Shilah.   She is one busy busy mom and elementary school teacher.  Shes got talent!  Writer , teacher, home decorator, and expresses the secrets of life and love so well with her pen. I dream of her learning to enjoy life at a slower pace some day.

April.  The little one.  literally. She's got amazing talent as well.  A great ability to see beauty  and catch it on her phone camera.  Writing and Music talent.  And living a organic life in a small house on the tip of a mountain knoll.  And four little kids to keep her humble. 

The one thing I do know for sure.....  We five.  We are all intense.  We all love a good philosophizing party! 




And that's all for now.   And November is turning out to be full too.....  Ta ta!

Comments

ourlittleheaven said…
aww Girls how i would just love to spend time with you all too!!!! I really don't know Evie well but I think if she is anything like the rest of you all I think we could hang out just fine!!! :) Such special times!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....