Skip to main content

Christmas Vacation

     And I am loving it! 
 It is wonderful to wake up slow and enjoy my coffee and be unscheduled.
  Just for two weeks. 
 I'll be okay with schedule again after this. 
 But the things that can get done when the kids don't need to be
 in the school room and the big one off to school. 
 So far I've learned how to do one new thing and
 did another hated project and got to spend an hour in our Christmas snow.
  And drank coffee.
  And......  
 I still want to read a whole book through before vacation ends and go through our wardrobes and deep clean.  
Most of all I've been able to take time for things that I don't ususally.  
It feels SO good. 

About the New Year. 
I wonder if there is a way to really breathe and take in all the moments.
Like slow life down enough.
Maybe maintain our bubble to keep it less hectic in our spirits.
I read in a little old fashioned devotional that tension and stress 
in our modern world 
are not caused from the outside but from the inside. 
 And that Joy and Calm are inside jobs.  
I kind of like that.   

When the whole earth seems to be racing and crazy,
 I think 
it's possible to let the soundness of God's spirit do the work of 
keeping your bubble hectic and crazy but meaningful.  
Because after all, my stage of life is crazy
and I love that my boys live hard and strong and
 have the health and intellect. 
 May I never take it for granted. 

May your new year be wonderful and full.
For all the friends we know that have hard decisions to make
and have to watch your babies go through things you never ever 
wished on yourself even,  may you have courage and calm and joy and wisdom.
For all of us who will face things we don't know about,  
may we ALL learn more to Trust in God's sovereignty and 
live with Love, Grace, and Gratitude.  

Love.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....