It's almost Labor Day weekend and school is in it's second week. I still haven't found a moment to breathe and find boredom or loneliness. I hope to though. Last week got completely filled up with canning and adjustments and all the life things. So today is Monday and so far I've pretty much done nothing. Except I went to the chiropractor and the library and took a short walk on Plum Creek Trail. And ate lunch with Matt. Now I'm home and ready to knock out all the Monday things. But I won't . Because there's no pressure. And I've decided that clean and perfect is over rated. Here's pictures of what we did the last while before school and then first day of school pictures.
| I took Keagan and Mathias on a field trip to the state capital. They were enthralled and so was I. It's is a very beautiful building. And the atmosphere of the place......It's a good experience. |
| All the big beautiful wooden doors were a huge curiosity, We had to peek through the cracks of most of them but this one was open and we were free to roam. . |
| Such a beautiful library. |
| A close up of the painting above the inside door in the library. |
| Four beautiful courtyards with a huge dish fountain in each. |
| This guy had glasses on and they were trying to decide how he kept them on in real life. |
| Love. |
| And then we went to the little childrens zoo for bit. It's a sweet little zoo but under construction right now. |
| That little green door right in the middle is an entrance. |
| The dome in evening light. |
| It is a tiny little garden full to the brim with flowers and plants and goldfish ponds and wide paths. A balm to my soul! |
| Over looking the whole thing. |
| And then we did it! The first day of school! The excitement and trepidation was high! It's a learning curve for them but I think they're going to survive and love it even. |
| Second grade for him. |
| Fifth for him. |
| 10th for him. |
Comments